View Single Post
Old 02-19-2015, 09:57 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
Kimber makes 60,000 guns a year Dan Wesson makes around 1000. That being said, they are going to have more problems. I know a lot of people that have Kimbers and have been happy with them after a trip or two back to the mothership and some that have sold them instantly after return. I don't have anything against them, there are other guns I would buy before a Kimber.

Now I did it! I used the word that shall not be mentioned.
That's my point "after a trip or two back" to get them right.

I owned four. Two went back to Kimber. Both came back with problems I still had to fix myself.

Of the other two; the Custom TLE II was fine.

The Custom CDP II worked, but barely. It fed with a very noticeable "ka-chunk" you could hear and feel, and any rounds that were chambered but not fired exhibited very noticeable setback.

Every other brand I bought ran right out of the box.

I quit reading all the gun mag ads; and faced reality.

The one from my wife that I kept was made totally reliable by me, and the high stress MIM parts were replaced and fitted (by me) for a total cost of $135.00.

For what they sell them for; they ought to come with decent parts, and be reliable.

But as long as new buyers come along that believe the BS ads they read; Kimber will keep shoveling their poorly fitted, MIM filled crap out the door.

But hey; they are pretty.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.