View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 07:00 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersnest View Post
You don't have to prove a need to be issued an LTC in Mass. You're required to take and pass a course in order to apply for one, and out of staters can apply for a non-resident license as well. As long as you're licensed in your home state and are participating in a sanctioned shoot, or traveling through you don't need a Mass. license. The one year mandatory (which was not supposed to be plea bargained away) has never been utilized in the courts I was involved with, and for some strange reason all those signs at the borders of Mass. declaring a one year mandatory have been removed. So there!
Good to hear and I hope you are correct and they are indeed changing. I am not trying to start an internet pissing contest just saying that for my needs the Feds are, at this point, where I need to be while some states are not. I believe it should be a state licensing issue but while there are some states that would prefer to be protection free zones there is a lot of work for interested citizens to do, Mass. among them.
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.