View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:39 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

A very well written article. I really will only take issue a couple of his points. 1st – the ease of changing calibers with a Dillon, the system was designed with this mind. 2pins, a rod clip, a 5/16” allen bolt and if necessary a primer tube and feed shoe. 3 to 5 minutes tops and yes every setup has a powder measure all setup. That’s what makes it so nice. And yes after 25,000 plus rounds through it there have been some maintenance issues. I have worn a few things out and broke a couple more. So far Dillon has replaced them all for free. I personally do not like an auto-advance system, I like to do it myself it keeps me focused on what I’m doing. And here’s the kicker… I bought my Dillon used from a guy who loaded match rounds for a living, I have no idea how many rounds he’s put through it. Dillon doesn’t care either. When I called them with a problem they told me it’s a lifetime warranty, on the press not the owner. I wonder if Hornady has the same point of view.

Just my 2 cents...

Chris

COTEP 439