View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 03:56 AM
COTEP Member

Update. I'm doing quite a bit of research on different brands of parts, based on some of the adivice I'm getting here, as well as some Youtube videos. I know... I should treat those with a grain of salt, but some are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
If I were to start a fantastic build now, I'd try really hard to snag a Geissele Super Duty Receiver Set tomorrow for $157.

Yep, that's more than an Aero or Anderson, but you're worth it.

I agree. And I'm focused on Geissele for the trigger group as well, per AFJuvat.

What are y'alls thoughts on "Sharps Rifle Co." for BCGs? I'm seeing a lot of good videos on their BCGs (eg XPB series, or the "Extreme BCG). Here are a couple of videos I've seen...

Now, a question or two. I'm seeing a lot of videos on "Buffers" and "Buffer weights..." For example:

and

I gather that they help balance against the gas system pressure for the right extraction'/ejection force, but I'm not sure how it works. Do they work with the BCG, or with the gas system in the upper? Or something else?

Question 2: Headspace.... How important is to get headspace right? I gather pretty important in avoiding a catastrophic failure...

Anyway, I should be ready to start buying parts (at least the upper/lowers) by mid January.We'll work on barrels and gas systems, next.

Thanks all!

Last edited by FfNJGTFO; 12-10-2019 at 03:58 AM.