View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 08:13 PM
COTEP Member

Default A true Kydex vs leather holster test

A true Kydex vs leather holster test.
So tonight after putting the little girly down I had a thought. Lets see which one really works. Now mind you she can be a light sleeper for the first 30 minutes or so. So here we go.

I used the same pair of wrangler shorts, a belt from wizzy, and my G19 to compare. (hint I already know the out come, been noticing it for a while now ).

Alrighty first up was my normal around the house OC. Its a old galco leather owb.

I slowly started to wander over to her bedroom and within in 5 feet of the door I hear her stirring. (I know the sound it is her moving around to stand up in the crib to wait for me to look around the door.)

So 5 feet OWB leather.

I let her settle down for a minute or so. (She laid back down and checked on her around the door). Did this super stealthy nakked LOL.

Changed out to my Panther OWB for the next try.

I walked the same way as the first time slowly towards the door. I didn't hear a peep from her at all. I was able to look around the door to see her laying in bed getting adjusted (moving a bit with some small noises) for sleep.

So for me kydex is quieter for a chillins ears then leather. I really don't hear anything from either so it un biased

Also this is same little girl that can hear 3 soft clicks of a flashlight and be wide awake waiting for you to come in the room to check on her.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" Thomas Jefferson