Thread: M&P 45 Shield
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 10:07 PM
COTEP Member

I decided not to go to IDPA practice since they were practicing for the classifier, and went to the open range about noon on Tuesday.

The 45 Shield functioned flawlessly with both Winchester 230gr ball, and 230gr JHP.

I had noticed on Monday when I had the pistol on the bench that the front sight wasn't centered, but was offset to the right. I decided not to change it until after I shot it.

It shot @3 1/2" to the left at ten yards for both me and one of the RO's that I know, so I centered the front sight before cleaning it this PM.

Those FS are in as tight as folks say they are! I used my JMT sight pusher, and had to put more force on it than any sight I've ever worked on. I don't know that it'd have ever budged if I was using a hammer and punch.

I'll be glad when mags start hitting the market. I searched online yesterday, and the best I could find was that Cabelas is taking "backorders," with a delivery guestimate of seven weeks.

All in all, a good shooting pistol, and I didn't notice the grip texture presenting a problem at all.

I also thought the recoil was easily managed using either the flush fit or extended mags; but the RO thought that it "kicked" pretty good. I don't think he shoots any small handguns other than .38spl J-frame revolvers. I thought it was a pussycat for a 20 Oz. .45.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.

Last edited by Rick McC.; 09-18-2016 at 10:09 PM.