View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 AM
COTEP Member

Tuesday's shadetree gunsmithing went quite well, if you disregard the usual fun with inserting the sear and disconnector. Learned some new "descriptive verbs", but after that, all the parts practically fell into place. The test firings went quite well and after 100 rounds down range, felt that we had a tack driver that didn't malfunction anymore, (so far). I've got another 500 rounds or so of malfunction free shooting to go before I'll feel comfortable using the Commander as a carry. Did discover that the hammer strut pin had apparently been pinned by a previous owner when I tried to replace the blued hammer with a SS hammer. Another order going in for a new hammer strut and hammer strut pin (actually, I'll get the whole package of replacement pins and springs as a cheap piece of insurance). Been a pleasure dealing with Ed Brown Company on the parts. Very quick delivery, parts look and feel very skookum.

In conclusion, a very happy camper. Now, if you'll excuse me, I gotta go put in 15 minutes of dry fire practice (try to get in at least 4 of these sessions daily).

NRA Member
VietNam Vet. Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 MSgt, U.S. Air Force (TTK, IBBA, SACmasized, Plank Owner USSPACECOM).

CBOB 0650
Dan Wesson CBOB 08 build.