Thread: 22 TCM Question
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dred View Post
Ok, this shooter has might made my list. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a purchase. But I need the stars to align just right.

I need to confirm or dispel dimensional standardization for the "wide style" magazines. That is: if I can stuff a Hi cap 45 mag into this frame, I'm sold.

By way of explanation, and to prove I'm not stupid - just a little crazy ... I'm shopping for an ideal frame to mate with a Mech Tech Carbine Conversion Rig in 460 Rowland. http://mechtechsys.com

I'm nurturturing a desire to have a range toy firing 9mm and a real curiosity about the 22 TCM potential. This matched with a significantly higher capacity for the CCU will be a lock.

Are the wide body frames standardized to receive generic sized wide body mags? My alternative will be a 9mm Tactical, but I' sure like to expand my options as much as possible.

Thanks.
Oh man,

I wish we were closer, then you could try mine. I don't like the hi caps and would trade mine (receiver) for a standard 1911... however, I placed my 9mm bbl in my ria .38 super slide and I'm a happy camper.

My TCM however I need a only higher front sight and a local ammo outlet and my world would be perfect.

It appears that (visual only) the TCM bbl has it's own ramp therefore making the receiver a common receiver that will interchange with .45/9mm/.38 super but I have no hi cap .45 mags.

do any of this help or have I confused you as much as I have meself?

Who said that? I said that. Slim