View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 12:37 PM
COTEP Member

Very happy the officer survived and bad guy is in jail.

However one thing I noted. You had at least two bystandards, one was a huge help in calming the officer but didn't sound like administering first aid. Closest was his assessment of the neck injury as not having a lot of blood. He relayed messages to dispatch and stayed with the officer. Good on him, that officer will forever know there are good people out there. The other bystandard was whaling with extreme volume and demanding Jesus to keep the officer alive.

You all know I am not a religious guy. However I can't help but wonder how many lives could be saved by bystandards putting pressure on bleeding wounds and keeping airways and circulation clear and flowing.

Stop screaming for Devine intervention and interviene by maybe skipping church ONE Sunday and taking a first aid class. Screaming for Jesus is the same as screaming to stay woke in my book. Take the fate of the injured out of the hands of Alah, God, Jesus, Mohammed, The Force, or any other Spaghetti Monster deity and put it in your hands with a first aid cpr class.

Sad thing is that screaming banshee will be telling others for years how her prayers saved that officers life that day.

Pray if you want but make sure you are praying while stuffing the would with gauze or better the quickclot that the officer may have in his IFAK. I have it in mine in my car and hope I may never need it but between prayer and quickclot give me quickclot!

Last edited by Gatorade; 08-12-2017 at 12:40 PM.