View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 01:47 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadOscar View Post
I like looking at them. Feeling ok about talking him out of it though. He was never much of a pistol shooter as a kid and much-preferred rifles. In my opinion, carrying a 1911 is not ideal for someone that has not shot the platform a lot. What do you suggest to people that don't shoot a lot and want to buy a carry pistol? I expect you get asked a lot.
I would agree that the 1911 platform is best reserved to those who have had a lot of experience. It is my choice, but I've got 40 + years with the 1911. And i do shoot alot!

What carry gun for people that don't shoot a lot? My suggestions would include a Glock 19, The M&P Ezy, and possibly the new SCCY DVG-1 with factory Red Dot. I include the SCCY because it is $299 with iron sights and $399 with red dot. vs. about $600 for a in today's market. Taurus also has the new (I think G4) I had a G2 and it was reliable and carryable (is that a word?)

Just my 2 cents...
Michael
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.