View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 09:44 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Hey, I apologize. I could have sworn that I posted here but maybe I forgot. I have recently decided to close the shop and will no longer be making grips. We moved to a new house and that was the perfect timing to close the doors on the grip business also. I had lost the passion for it a long time ago and it had become a job that I dreaded. I was tired of answer some seriously dumb emails (grips for Glock, XDs, M&Ps, etc). I had lost patience for ignorance and it seemed like moving was the thing that helped make that difficult decision easier. I have taken down the website and also my Facebook page. I still hope to be around to see what’s going on here and other forums though.

As for , he went out of business a pretty good while back. I hated to see it because he was the only grip maker that I would refer people to.

Adam,

Really sorry to hear that you closed down your business! I certainly get how you feel though. I’m still making grips but I’m just making what I feel/want to make and then posting them for sale on some of the forums. Any other way I tried to do it just killed all the joy of it for me. more than likely I’m probably going to slow down even more than I have and try to focus on bladesmithing or something else that still feels fresh.

I hope that with time you will come back to making in one form or another. your work is top notch and early on it drove me to do everything I could to get better as a maker. either way I wish you well and hope you stick around.