View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 06:29 AM
COTEP Member

^^ Very nice !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadOscar View Post
This sounds awesome! Impressive that you got it done on your own in a year......
The 1 year didn't include the garage/shed and the paver brick patio projects but got me the occupancy permit, it was 99% complete just had a few loose ends to complete. When it was complete I didn't go there for 2 months ... flat burned-out!!
I did have some help here and there, eg: setting the 2 commercial grade fixed glass units above the door walls, those are 6'w x 14'h at the tall point and weigh roughly 500lbs each. Had to set up scaffolding to set all of the upper glass.
Only thing I regret NOT doing is a metal roof vs. shingles and is something I would recommend, the 12/12 pitch definitely saves wear and tear on the shingles but the metal roof is 'forever' and roofing a 12/12 (= 45* angle) is a b!tch !!
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Last edited by RKP; 06-13-2018 at 06:37 AM.