COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2015, 10:49 AM
COTEP Member

Default Hello from Pensacola

Hello all,

My name is Tom, I live in Pensacola, and I’m happy to be here.

I’m a person who loves to learn new things. I grew up in a communist-controlled state – Massachusetts, not Russia - and while the firearms laws were oppressive, I still managed to do my share of duck hunting and range trips in my younger years. I’ve been in FL about 30 years total, choosing to make it my permanent home 19 yrs ago.

While I’ve always owned several firearms, they were never to me much more than a common sized wrench, where you have one, but you only take it out when a bolt of that size presents itself. I have since, and in light of how society and the world are changing, seen the folly of my ways and have a completely different attitude about them now. I have never dipped my toe into the .45 world aside from shooting a friend’s at the range, but that’s one world I definitely want to explore.

So, I’m way behind the curve and I have a lot to learn. This seems to be the place for that. If I say something stupid, I’m not offended by correction, only smarter from it, so please set me straight if that happens.

While I may be a firearms lightweight, I am a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment and all that surrounds it. If I could have my way, there would be more laws concerning jogging or yoga then there would be concerning weapons of any type.

So that’s me and where I’m at in my life’s journey right now. Hope to make friends and be a friend here. Thanks again for the invite to join.

The one item sure to protect you from a Sasquatch attack is a camera. - Unknown

A man with two watches never really knows what time it is. - Mark Twain
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OHEng For This Useful Post:
BadOscar (11-19-2015), Barbie (12-04-2015), BlackKnight (11-19-2015), Caleb (11-19-2015), DaFadda (11-19-2015), pony up (11-28-2015), RKP (11-19-2015), sdmc530 (11-19-2015)