COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger > Range Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2017, 09:13 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts
Default DW PM-C Range Report

On Wednesday I took the little guy out for its first Range session. Nothing crazy as I want to break it in ( I know, should not need a break in period) nice and smoothly. Shot roughly 125 rounds with absolutely no issues at all. The food was bulk WWB 115gr ball. Did not try HP ammo yet but, will on the next trip or the following. Let's start with the grip, it's perfect with 25lpi front and back. The pistol did not move and no "re-grip" was needed at all. Also, the 25lpi was not rough or sharp on my little sissy hands either. Ergos....? Well, it's a 1911...'nuff said. The front sight returned on target immediately (so it seemed) after every shot. Making follow up shots easy as Ell's ex- high school prom date. Speaking of the sights. FO red front and blacked out rears with shelf for one hand manipulation. Perfect sight picture imho. I did notice that I shot low ( not the pistol, me) unless I covered up the target completely ( which I don't care for, I prefer a 6 O'clock hold). But, the little pistol put them where I aimed it, every time. Recoil? Well, it's a 9mm. Soft shooter, for sure. The PM-C has some weight to it so, it softens the recoil perfectly. I'm happy with my purchase, definitely worth the extra ponies (compared to the plastic wonders and lower end 1911's) shelled out this go around.

On to some pics.

Here it is waiting for some action....

7 yards (initial 10 shots)

10 yards (1 low flyer)

25 yards (10 shots, yes I suck!)

Not too bad for not shooting pistols for several months, I guess. I definitely need to go practice more, I'm rusty.

Here is a pic with my buddy's Sig P226 X5

Ended the session out shooting his Sig MPX Short Barreled Rifle. This thing is fun as hell. He also taught me how to "bump fire" it on the shoulder. That was a blast! Boy does ammo go quick in "full auto"!

So, 125rds bulk ball with 0 issues! I will update as go keep sending lead down range. Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Caleb; 05-18-2017 at 09:28 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Caleb For This Useful Post:
Gatorade (05-18-2017), Lonestar grips. (05-19-2017), RKP (05-18-2017), sdmc530 (05-18-2017), skosh69 (05-19-2017), Wilsoncrafter (05-22-2017)