COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navman View Post
Slide dame in from Caspian. Fit up to the frame. Zero play (except front to back ). Smooth as oiled glass on glass. Wilson combat barrel hood and upper lugs fit to slide, bushing still needs to be final lapped in, tight as all hell right now.

Pics later, heading to the gym right now.
I spent some time with Navman last night looking at/playing with the pistol, swapping lies, and sipping scotch.

The pistol so far is exceeding expectations. It's a thing of beauty.

We've got a basic plan to finish it down to high gloss (something like 1000), and send it off in pieces to Glenrock for bluing. That process should be quick and inexpensive since the real expensive and time consuming part for them is disassembly/assembly, and finishing.

Doc, apparently nobody does Royale Blue except Colt. Glenrock does not, and doesn't know anyone else who does. Is there something I'm missing? Also, as you, I really like the look of Royal Blue, but do you think it's appropriate as a finish for a working/carry gun. I'm planning on this pistol being my go to weapon, not a closet queen.

, I'll be needing some slim, bobtail camel bone grips right soon!

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ