COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Springfield

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2014, 05:57 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post
Just put 150 rounds of 230gr ball and 185gr jhp through it. 100 rounds were reloads that I got in a trade a few years back. First time I've shot them. 50 rnds were Tula ..

Had a couple of issues with failure to fire on 3 of the reloads. Ran them back through when I had finished the other 147 rounds. This gun was tight as a ducks arse. Could barely take it down to lube it. So all things considered there really was no issue with the pistol.
I now know what it is like to shoot a real gun. Jeezus is it accurate... Sorry for the blasphemy .
Springfield Loaded models are, IMHO, the best bang for the buck on the market. I am talking $1000 range 1911's. I think Dave has a sticky here on lapping the slide, might wanna touch base with him if that gun needs it. I need to do the same since my Champion frame was replaced. My black stainless now has 800 rounds through it, is tight, yet the slide feels like it's on ball bearings. I don't have another 1911 that feels like that. You have the same slide/frame configuration, with a little luck and TLC you will have the same "ball bearing" feeling. Good luck with that gun, not that you need it. People will approach you at the range cause the model is so good looking.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!