COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols > S&W

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2014, 11:57 AM
COTEP Member

Default M&P9's; a Comparison

I currently own three M&P's; a 7/07 '9, a 7/13 '9, and a 7/13 9c.

I've measured the trigger pull weights of all with a Lyman Digital scale, and the weights listed below are an average of four trigger pulls each.

2007 M&P9; bone stock - Trigger Pull of 5lbs, 8.1ozs.

2013 M&P9; Apex Tactical Competition Action Enhancement Kit installed - Trigger Pull of 2lbs, 7.3ozs.

2013 M&P9c; Apex Tactical Hard Sear and Ultimate Striker Block installed - Trigger Pull of 3lbs, 10.5ozs.

The '07 M&P9 was bought in July of '07 and has had many, many thousands of rounds put through it.

The '13 M&P9 was bought in October of '13 and has had a least a couple thousand rounds put through it, including a lot over Brownie's two day TFP class in Volusia this past November.

I installed a W/C barrel in it four or five months ago, and it's been superb.

The '13 M&P9c was bought in July of '14, has been used in several IDPA practices, and has over a thousand rounds through it now. It also has a W/C barrel installed, since about a week after I put one in the FS M&P.

As you can see; the Apex Tactical parts do much more to improve the stock trigger pull than years of shooting will do, and the resets are improved dramatically, as well.

The only pics I've taken of any of my M&P's is one of the 9c with the reload mag; a FS 17 round mag with an X-Grip:

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick McC. For This Useful Post:
Caleb (12-30-2014), NAMVET72 (12-30-2014)