COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 06-16-2011, 07:48 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajO View Post
I bought my Sig 238 for easier concealed carry. I carry in in a pocket holster. At the range, I did have several stovepipe's with winchester whitebox (Walmart), but not so much now. Overall, I am happy with it, for what it is.

Best wishes,

[IMG][/IMG]
Sweet someone else with the SAS edition.
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrockabilly View Post
Sweet someone else with the SAS edition.
Apparently, great minds, and people with excellent taste, think alike.
NRA Member
:stand:
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Ryan,

Thanks for that detailed response. It's much appreciated. I asked because at one time I packed a P11 9mm as my BUG. Had it for over a decade. With the factory belt clip it slid nicely inside my pants. Very reliable as it went bang every time I pulled the trigger. BUT it was an absolute POS to shoot.... long heavy trigger pull despite being fluffed 'n buffed. It simply didn't lend itself to any decent range time so although reliable it wasn't a second nature BUG. My son has it now and with his bigger hands loves it. Go figure

I also had an AMT 380 Backup II which was one of the good ones they built. But it too was not ergonomically friendly for my hand requiring a major grip shift for my thumb to be able to snick off the safety. It also was a POS to shoot at the range. After well over a decade of ownership it got traded in on a Mossy 500.

The P238 is a different kettle of fish. Fun to shoot. Very accurate. Great ergonomics. Easy to carry concealed condition one and deploy quickly. An excellent BUG. I too use it as a prime when my CCO (stoked with Winchester Ranger RA45TP 230gr +P JHP) doesn't make sense to carry. It may not be a 9mm but the little 380 works as a close range defensive caliber especially with Buffalo Bore 27A 100gr +P hardcast flatnose or Winchester Q4206 95gr JHP-FN. BTW mine is a basic Nitron without nite sights with a build date of May '10. I'm quite pleased with the CCO/P238 combination. I had flirted with the notion of the new Kahr CM9 (cheaper version of the PM9) simply for the 9mm chambering but that has long since passed. Your experience simply reaffirms that my thinking was spot on!

Eschew Tupperware!

Last edited by bald1; 06-16-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald1 View Post
Ryan,

Thanks for that detailed response. It's much appreciated. I asked because at one time I packed a P11 9mm as my BUG. Had it for over a decade. With the factory belt clip it slid nicely inside my pants. Very reliable as it went bang every time I pulled the trigger. BUT it was an absolute POS to shoot.... long heavy trigger pull despite being fluffed 'n buffed. It simply didn't lend itself to any decent range time so although reliable it wasn't a second nature BUG. My son has it now and with his bigger hands loves it. Go figure

I also had an AMT 380 Backup II which was one of the good ones they built. But it too was not ergonomically friendly for my hand requiring a major grip shift for my thumb to be able to snick off the safety. It also was a POS to shoot at the range. After well over a decade of ownership it got traded in on a Mossy 500.

The P238 is a different kettle of fish. Fun to shoot. Very accurate. Great ergonomics. Easy to carry concealed condition one and deploy quickly. An excellent BUG. I too use it as a prime when my CCO (stoked with Winchester Ranger RA45TP 230gr +P JHP) doesn't make sense to carry. It may not be a 9mm but the little 380 works as a close range defensive caliber especially with Buffalo Bore 27A 100gr +P hardcast flatnose or Winchester Q4206 95gr JHP-FN. BTW mine is a basic Nitron without nite sights with a build date of May '10. I'm quite pleased with the CCO/P238 combination. I had flirted with the notion of the new Kahr CM9 (cheaper version of the PM9) simply for the 9mm chambering but that has long since passed. Your experience simply reaffirms that my thinking was spot on!
Yea it's kind of because after that response I thought I would carry my PM9 today and it is a very nice carry gun. I do think that Kahr makes some of the nices DA Triggers in these types of pistols. It is actually really pleasant to shoot. I don't think I will get rid of it anytime soon since it is such a nice and small CC pistol in 9mm and well let's just say I paid a pretty penny for it. Kahr is proud of there little pistols but they do scream quality IMO. I would like to check out one of the MK9's which is basically the same as the PM9 but with a SS frame...etc but I don't think I have ever seen one in a gun shop before. Yea the new CM9 is definitely a good buy for the price compared to the PM9, of course the PM9 has the little quality differences.

Anyways it's all about personal preference I guess. I do really like my P238 and with some of the 380 ammo (9mm short) they have these days it will definitely do the job if you do yours.

Alright I gotta run. I will chat with you again soon.

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Couple different pics of my Sig P238 SAS edition.

Just Was going through my pics and found a couple more.

-Ryan S
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 02-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Xxxxx

Last edited by JimF4M1s; 05-14-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:30 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I recently read on the big forum that Partsproduction has begun working again on the Aluminum mainspring housings.

I've got one of his stainless triggers in mine, and it works very well.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Here is mine with the stainless steel trigger and painted grips.

Sent from my ATRIX using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1330559526919.jpg (100.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 02-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Just when you thought it was safe to go out

I was just purusing the Sig website, looking for the 238, when I stumbled across this information:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...blackwood.aspx

With the introduction of the P938, SIG SAUER now offers the ballistic advantage of the 9mm cartridge in a platform similar in size to the best-selling P238 pistol. A single-action-only trigger, coupled with full-size SIGLITEŽ Night Sights makes the P938 handle like a much larger pistol, yet is still easy to carry concealed.

With dimensions just slightly larger than its .380ACP counterpart, the P938 packs six plus one rounds of
9mm into an all-metal frame. The cocked-and-locked single-action trigger gives the P938 unmatched
accuracy in a pistol its size.

Very interesting....
NRA Member
:stand:
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajO View Post
I was just purusing the Sig website, looking for the 238, when I stumbled across this information:

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...blackwood.aspx

With the introduction of the P938, SIG SAUER now offers the ballistic advantage of the 9mm cartridge in a platform similar in size to the best-selling P238 pistol. A single-action-only trigger, coupled with full-size SIGLITEŽ Night Sights makes the P938 handle like a much larger pistol, yet is still easy to carry concealed.

With dimensions just slightly larger than its .380ACP counterpart, the P938 packs six plus one rounds of
9mm into an all-metal frame. The cocked-and-locked single-action trigger gives the P938 unmatched
accuracy in a pistol its size.

Very interesting....

Yes it is very interesting, and I've been thinking about them for a while. If the 938 price is similar to that of the 238, I'll likely pick one up also.