Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

your just old
Old 08-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Ebola needs to come/go to Washington, DC!!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 06:19 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
your just old
That's what I thought!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:13 PM
COTEP Member

Well, the bulk of the border crossers who do not get shipped elsewhere by the gubmint head to New York. Not wishing bad on the good people of New York, that's where they go according to FOX.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
I mean we are kind of overpopulated, and with overpopulation, famine and disease usually run rampant.
"We" meaning in Ohio, or the U.S. as a whole?

I guess if you live in Cleveland you could get that impression, with a population density (5,107/sq mi) closer to Tokyo (6,810/sq mi) than the city I live in.

The population density of Columbus GA, where I live, is 861 per square mile. The population density of my home state, Mississippi, is 63.5 per square mile. Over half the states (including most of the largest ones) have a population density of less than 100 people per square mile. "We" are not overpopulated by a long stretch.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 08-01-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts
Default Ebola Map

Well if there is an outbreak here is the outbreak center for your area..hope you don't need a gas station on the way...Looks like WY is hosed too!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 PM
COTEP Member

For what my two cents is worth, I’m amazed at the arrogance of our medical community!

Everyone from medical consultants on national news channels, to the head of the hospital where the vics will be kept, are saying that the American system is the best in the world; that extra precautions have been taken and everyone can relax, etc, etc…

If everything is so foolproof, why did we have the scares in the past couple of weeks about protocols not being followed in the CDC, and cardboard cases full of old vials of anthrax and smallpox being improperly stored.

Did anyone else see the video of the doctor, who is now infected, treating his patients? His arms from wrists to under the sleeves of his scrubs were covered with open plaque psoriasis sores. Then he was treating infected people without wearing a mask or gloves! As hot as it gets in western Africa, it is an unconscious movement to wipe off some sweat from brow or other skin areas. He wasn’t wearing gloves and had open sores! Why is anyone, especially him, surprised he got infected?

Now we’re bringing them home where there in such good hands that nothing could ever go wrong…go wrong…go wrong!

Everyone has a family and loved ones. I can’t see jeopardizing a large population with the excuse we are bringing very sick people home to be with their ‘loved ones’.

I sure hope my pessimism is misplaced and wrong, but I don’t trust the medical profession as much as they trust themselves.

I think bringing them back to the States is a very bad and scary plan. (Rant over…)

Regards,

Owl

“Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.”
- Winston Churchill
Old 08-01-2014, 11:56 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Scary, yes, but would you want a loved one stuck in a third world country with a life threatening illness? They are American citizens, do we just leave them there?
Well, actually, yes. No ... make that HELL YES!

If it was my loved one, I'd be kicking, screaming and crying but I'd not be looking to bring them 'home.' The lives of a few do not outweigh a few hundred million in my book.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Ebola is spread only by contact with body fluids. It kills quickly and rarely spreads beyond the original area of infection zone.

Read "The Hot Zone" good factual book.

COTEP #719

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
Old 08-02-2014, 09:07 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLE2 View Post
Ebola is spread only by contact with body fluids. It kills quickly and rarely spreads beyond the original area of infection zone.
RARELY do you fly Ebola patients out of the infection zone. This IS one of those "rarely" events.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell