COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > COTEP Craftsmen > Brown's Custom Grips

Old 01-12-2012, 04:57 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Unfortunately. I've got about 50 more sets to complete in order to get caught up again. It will probably take that long. I was also transferred with my job, so I'm having to deal with moving to the opposite side of the state, sell my house, and get moved. Got a lot on my plate right now.

Class 07 FFL and Dan Wesson Dealer
Old 01-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I still maintain that these: are some of the prettiest grips I've ever seen. I *really* want a set as close as you can get to them for my Vbob. If sending you payment in advance would help at all, please let me know!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Here are a few more "teasers"...

If you happen to get a pair like these that you don't have a customer for, send me a note and consider them gone n
Old 01-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Yeah, I'd be more than happy with those as well! (3, 1, & 2 in order of preference) if by the slightest chance some of those would be easier to come by!
Old 01-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge View Post
I still maintain that these: are some of the prettiest grips I've ever seen. I *really* want a set as close as you can get to them for my Vbob. If sending you payment in advance would help at all, please let me know!
Honestly, I've got more work than I can handle so payment in advance wouldn't make things easier for me.

Unfortunately, I think I have decided to eliminate the special order option completely. Some people have left a very bad experience with special orders. It's nearly impossible to locate wood that looks similar to something I've done in the past. I've got too many other people wanting grips and I don't have the time to scour my sources in an attempt to find that "perfect" set for someone.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrifleman View Post
If you happen to get a pair like these that you don't have a customer for, send me a note and consider them gone n
As soon as I get caught up with my past orders, I will be making grips for the public and ironwood will be used frequently. If I had a dollar for every email or forum post asking for me to let someone know when such and such is available, I could retire early. I'm not trying to blow people off, but I honestly get so many emails and requests from people that I can't remember who wants what. I used to be able to do, but it seems my business has blown up this past year and I'm swamped with orders.

My recommendation, "friend" us on Facebook and get a heads up when new woods are going to be added to the website. Or starting in April, check the website on a weekly basis to see what comes up.

Old 01-23-2012, 09:26 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Ridge View Post
Yeah, I'd be more than happy with those as well! (3, 1, & 2 in order of preference) if by the slightest chance some of those would be easier to come by!
I'm not going to be searching for pieces that are similar to ones I've made in the past. I offer a truly one of a kind product and that's why people choose me. I would have some unhappy customers if all of my new products were based on something I made in the past. My suppliers know I am only interested in the unique pieces, so I will continue to make one of a kind sets.

The woods that I use are not something that can be mimicked or copied. I primarily use burls, and burl pieces are like snowflakes. No two pieces are alike. Asking to find two snowflakes that are as close to matching as possible would be a tremendous job. So is trying to find two pieces of burl.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
As soon as I get caught up with my past orders, I will be making grips for the public and ironwood will be used frequently. If I had a dollar for every email or forum post asking for me to let someone know when such and such is available, I could retire early. I'm not trying to blow people off, but I honestly get so many emails and requests from people that I can't remember who wants what. I used to be able to do, but it seems my business has blown up this past year and I'm swamped with orders.

My recommendation, "friend" us on Facebook and get a heads up when new woods are going to be added to the website. Or starting in April, check the website on a weekly basis to see what comes up.
Thanks, I understood this already and was just paying the compliment. As for April, I will be watching. Great work and I appreciate the reasoning behind your business plan! n
Old 01-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrifleman View Post
Thanks, I understood this already and was just paying the compliment. As for April, I will be watching. Great work and I appreciate the reasoning behind your business plan! n
I apologize, I must have misunderstood your meaning. Thank you for the compliment!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

No problem, I am not the easiest to understand, Keep up the great work! n