COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 05-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Very neat Joe, I wonder if tomato plants can be done the same way.

Last edited by douglas_knott; 05-10-2014 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Founding Member
Admimberistrator

Great video Joe! Thanks so much, I got my kit in the mail yesterday. Great surprise when I got home from work. It still gets pretty cold at night. Today is actually last frost date. I'm going to get them started inside tonight. I'll toss in a little epsom salt in one to compare. I have a big bag of it that I use in my aquaponics setup in the greenhouse. Fired that up today, I plan to run it with fish in the tank this year. Last year it ran on ferts because my fish weren't really big enough, but they are now. I built that out of an IBC tank, you can check that out if you go back a little in my greenhouse blog. http://alex-dome.blogspot.com/
Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,484 Times in 717 Posts

Your fish tank ran on farts?
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 05-10-2014, 09:56 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
Your fish tank ran on farts?
Pissed mself......oh jeez

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-10-2014, 09:59 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadOscar View Post
Great video Joe! Thanks so much, I got my kit in the mail yesterday. Great surprise when I got home from work. It still gets pretty cold at night. Today is actually last frost date. I'm going to get them started inside tonight. I'll toss in a little epsom salt in one to compare. I have a big bag of it that I use in my aquaponics setup in the greenhouse. Fired that up today, I plan to run it with fish in the tank this year. Last year it ran on ferts because my fish weren't really big enough, but they are now. I built that out of an IBC tank, you can check that out if you go back a little in my greenhouse blog. http://alex-dome.blogspot.com/

yup, part of the speriment was to be able to start sunflowers early in colder parts of the U.S.
I'm gonna do a epsom salt side by side, starting tomorrow AM with my daughter, sunflowers, tomatoes and green beans...
Gonna check the blog!

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-10-2014, 10:01 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas_knott View Post
Very neat Joe, I wonder if tomato plants can be done the same way.
Will work....this is an ongoing speriment, gonna take years to complete. We are so lucky to have members all over the USA and I have access to alot of horse/cow doo-doo.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Founding Member
Admimberistrator

love that you sent me doo-doo by the way.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:41 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Will work....this is an ongoing speriment, gonna take years to complete. We are so lucky to have members all over the USA and I have access to alot of horse/cow doo-doo.
Do you use the same pvc pipe? Is it 2 or 2.5in?
Old 05-11-2014, 07:47 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadOscar View Post
love that you sent me doo-doo by the way.
Haha, my father used to say I gave people sh*t since the day I was born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas_knott View Post
Do you use the same pvc pipe? Is it 2 or 2.5in?
I used 2 inch since the thickest stalk of the eight foot tall sunflower was 1.25 inches thick. Same size for the hole puncher piece.
HOWEVER, the length of the pipes was very, very scientific. That was the length that would fit into the Post Office box.

The concept is really to have a stable "pot" for starting seeds, then no need to transplant, just plant the pot, which is PVC pipe. At the same time the pipe funnels water and fertilizer to the roots. And it is re-useable. Plus it allows for the starter plant to stay indoors longer if needed, say cause of frost. It has a foot of pipe to grow roots in. Gives people in cold climates a month long jump on starting gardens. Win-win.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:09 PM
COTEP Member

Today 5/18/2014

This Sunflower was planted eight weeks ago....near 20 flowers on one plant.
People walking by stop for pictures....cool.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]