COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 02-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Bob Serva has done something to royally piss off more than a few people. I have NEVER seen such anger at a gun maker as you'll see towards him on the 1911 forum that allows free speech.

This said, I've never even seen one in person, let alone owned one. They certainly do make a beautiful 1911. I got a quote from them on a bobtail commander, but got spooked off and bought a Vbob instead. Still wonder what I would have ended up getting. I might give them a try one day, I hate to let stranger's experiences on the Internet steer me away from a "good one." I've read dozens of people giving Walther P22's the business, and I have 25,000 rounds through one. Certainly, not everyone is getting the same results. And a happy customer is going to make a lot less noise than an unhappy one. But $2000+ is a lot of money, and I'd be afraid to take such a risk. I haven't heard people who are unhappy with Wilson's or GI No Names.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,481 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
I wanted to add that it is certainly a love/hate thing with Fusion but one thing I know for sure, I wouldn't drop $2k on one and then wait 9 months for it.
Anything you order custom now is 8 months to a year..Wilson, Brown, Baer, NH...the difference is with those companies, you KNOW you'll get a warranty and customer service..with Fusion, I don't know. I can't say anything about the company one way or the other, but before I put down 2-3 grand (and I did) I'd want to make sure of those points. YMMV
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 02-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanks for that. I do have a VBOB blk on order but want to add another semi to have around. More to consider before chunking down the bucks!