Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 03-28-2017, 03:55 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
Trifecta
This ^^^^^
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:51 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
Good for him but i hope he also has someone to talk too. At 19 taking 3 lifes of even scumbags might be very traumatic. Proud he protected his family though.
I think you may be assuming quite a bit. Some folks even if in the right may be traumatized. While others may be enjoying beer and pizza with dad right now.
Glad I got terrazzo floors. My wife would mop up and I'd sleep like a baby.
F those pieces of poop....I hope they enjoy being worm food.
COTEP#782
Old 03-29-2017, 08:02 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Three less scumbags in this world.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:35 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
They caught a 4th suspect, the getaway driver. Apparently they're going to charge her with accessory and murder.
First I think she deserves whatever she is convicted of but I don't think murder is appropriate here. The three home invaders didn't murder anyone. Maybe attempted murder or any other violations, burglary, assault, breaking and entering, lots of things to charge her with but there was no murder there. Justifiable homacide in self defense maybe but not murder.

Having to defend your home against thee armed invaders and take their lives in the process can leave a mark on someone. Yes he should know it was the right decision and that he deserves to sleep soundly, and maybe he did go to bed later that night and slept like a baby. I just hope he knows he didn't do anything wrong and won't hesitate to do it again if he is ever in that situation again.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:12 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
...... Having to defend your home against three armed invaders and taking their lives in the process can leave a mark on someone. Yes he should know it was the right decision and that he deserves to sleep soundly, and maybe he did go to bed later that night and slept like a baby. I just hope he knows he didn't do anything wrong and won't hesitate to do it again if he is ever in that situation again.
Well said !
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
First I think she deserves whatever she is convicted of but I don't think murder is appropriate here.
If you are involved in certain violent felonies, and someone gets killed in the process, it is. It's called "Felony Murder." In Oklahoma, Felony Murder is First Degree Murder. In Florida it's Second Degree Murder. I would guess that the severity of the penalty is to give the DA a lot of leverage in a plea deal.

Applicable Oklahoma statute:

Quote:
R.L.1910, § 2312.
§21-701.7.
B. A person also commits the crime of murder in the first degree, regardless of malice, when that person or any other person takes the life of a human being during, or if the death of a human being results from, the commission or attempted commission of murder of another person, shooting or discharge of a firearm or crossbow with intent to kill, intentional discharge of a firearm or other deadly weapon into any dwelling or building as provided in Section 1289.17A of this title, forcible rape, robbery with a dangerous weapon, kidnapping, escape from lawful custody, first degree burglary, first degree arson, unlawful distributing or dispensing of controlled dangerous substances, or trafficking in illegal drugs.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 03-29-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:17 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Here we don't have Felony Murder, but the suspect would just get charged with Murder as well if someone dies during the commission of a crime. Even if they didn't directly cause it. It's the same premise, just named different.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.