COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Reloading Bench

Old 07-31-2014, 10:18 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
I never jumped on the frog train......too many steps to apply. I prefer RandCLP, works great. Joe's oldschool way is proven, cheap, and will be around for years. I use this technique on my rifles.

Good luck bro, hope it works out for you.....if not, there are plenty of other products out there.
What steps? warming it up? Just have to do that first couple of times. Thereafter cleaning is much easier since nothing sticks.
COTEP #0749

I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now
Old 07-31-2014, 10:25 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
So that's why your guns are always zapping at flies when we go to the range!...
Wait for it...
COTEP #0749

I changed my car horn to gun shot sounds. People move out of the way much faster now
Old 07-31-2014, 10:34 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I'm a fan of Froglube and use it exclusively in my ARs. After the initial application it is just like any other lube. The main advantages for me is that the lube stays put on the bolt carrier group when my ARs are stored vertically in my safe (doesn't run like all other lubes) and the ease of cleanup. I haven't had any issues with gumming up but then again I followed directions and didn't install dripping wet like other lubes. I have only used the liquid version and found that it meets my every need.

I use FP10 on my pistols and will continue to do so because it does a great job.

As far as the OP's issue with customer service, that is certainly disappointing!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Last edited by titanse05; 11-17-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:05 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Wait for it...
hehehehehehe....

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 07-31-2014, 12:24 PM
COTEP Member

Used it and found it to be more work than its worth. Just my humble opinion. It did start to get sticky and was slowing the action down enough to indicate to me sooner or later the action will freeze up. Was a tad bit too close to a nightmare to remove completely.

Went back to my regular lube I get from Wilson and never looked back. Something about the product having to be put on so precisely and if you mess up the application your gun may not go bang is really the reason I backed away. Why make it complicated? Just keep your guns wet all the time and you will have no problems. Except perhaps some oil stains on your clothes....

KISS principle always prevails..

AdamG247 (Oath Keeper-Not on our watch)
""I, do solemnly swear that I will support and
defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same,
so help me God!"
Old 07-31-2014, 12:27 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
What steps? warming it up? Just have to do that first couple of times. Thereafter cleaning is much easier since nothing sticks.

Yep...that. Two or three drops of RandCLP and I'm done. Clean up is easy as well, usually just a wioe down with the swabs.
Old 07-31-2014, 01:14 PM
COTEP Member

I just spoke to the folks at FrogLube. They explained if the gun is not prepped the first time to remove all trace of petroleum products it can become sticky/gummy. That is why they recommend degreasing with alcohol first. If it is clean down to the bare metal, correct application of FrogLube will NOT result in any stickiness. It makes sense that there could be a reaction to mixing both types of products.

To prove to myself there is no problem, I just took out of the safe my old S&W Mod-36. After having been used with solvents/oil for 30 years, it was prepped and cleaned with FrogLube almost two years ago. It has not been touched, lubed or fired in that time. Not a bit of stickiness whatsoever, nor on any of the other guns that have been "frogged" over the past two years.

Lastly, I pointed out a section on the website instructions that are somewhat vague about prepping for the first time. It will be brought to the attention of the powers that be and will be corrected. I will follow for these changes.
COTEP #0749

Old 07-31-2014, 01:23 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
I just spoke to the folks at FrogLube. They explained if the gun is not prepped the first time to remove all trace of petroleum products it can become sticky/gummy. That is why they recommend degreasing with alcohol first. If it is clean down to the bare metal, correct application of FrogLube will NOT result in any stickiness. It makes sense that there could be a reaction to mixing both types of products.

To prove to myself there is no problem, I just took out of the safe my old S&W Mod-36. After having been used with solvents/oil for 30 years, it was prepped and cleaned with FrogLube almost two years ago. It has not been touched, lubed or fired in that time. Not a bit of stickiness whatsoever, nor on any of the other guns that have been "frogged" over the past two years.

Lastly, I pointed out a section on the website instructions that are somewhat vague about prepping for the first time. It will be brought to the attention of the powers that be and will be corrected. I will follow for these changes.

They still need to change the name or it ain't going on my guns.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 07-31-2014, 01:47 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
They still need to change the name or it ain't going on my guns.
Hey Joe....
COTEP #0749

Old 07-31-2014, 02:20 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Hey Joe....