COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 10-16-2014, 03:56 PM
COTEP Member

Have you considered an ankle holster? It is not the best carry method, and it is a slower draw. But given the issues with your back it might be a workable solution. Would that work for you given your back problems?
Old 10-16-2014, 04:04 PM
COTEP Member

Would probably work. Can lift my leg or go down on one knee.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGator View Post
Have you considered an ankle holster? It is not the best carry method, and it is a slower draw. But given the issues with your back it might be a workable solution. Would that work for you given your back problems?
Valid suggestion. While I'm not a big proponent of ankle carry as a primary, better than not having anything at all.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:04 PM
COTEP Member

In all honesty a Ruger LCR in .357, pocket carry. I am NOT a fan of pocket carry, so maybe same gun, different method. The LCR's weigh nothing, and I would carry .357 any day. They are also putting out a 9mm LCR now.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:36 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
In all honesty a Ruger LCR in .357, pocket carry. I am NOT a fan of pocket carry, so maybe same gun, different method. The LCR's weigh nothing, and I would carry .357 any day. They are also putting out a 9mm LCR now.
I was scoping out the Ruger LCR in 9mm a few weeks back. Nice pistol. I wonder when the shops are going to start carrying them. I am really drawn to the 938. Nice thin profile and SA trigger. I think the LCR is wider, but still easy to CCW.

When I go home I am going to play with a pair of suspenders and my IWB holster like suggested. See how carrying that weight feels. I really would like to carry my RIA officers 1911, but I don't think suspenders are going to hold my drawers up, but worth a try! then I'll try the Galco shoulder holster my buddy has to rule that out. I guess the first step is to see if I can conceal them period, and if it's at all comfortable. There may be a chance I am going to print no matter what with my current pistols and may have to go to a smaller pistol.

I'm not a big fan of pocket pistols either, thats why I was looking at a few that have bigger gun characteristics like the LC9, P938, and Kahr CM9 and PM9.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:03 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 418 Posts

PM me your address. I have a Remora you can have.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

What is this CCW thing you all speak of?????
Old 10-16-2014, 06:43 PM
COTEP Member

Xbonz thank you very much, that was very nice. Skosh a CCW is a conceal carry permit for Ohio.
Old 10-16-2014, 06:54 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aqualungs View Post
Skosh a CCW is a conceal carry permit for Ohio.
No way......sorry man, I was only joking earlier . You don't know me and my sic humor yet!

Technically, CCW is conceal carry weapon and CCP is your permit, am I right?

I have a few CCW's but sadly due to my God forsaken location, I will prolly never get the opportunity to get a permit to carry legally unless I move!

Good luck with your quest.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:23 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
No way......sorry man, I was only joking earlier . You don't know me and my sic humor yet!

Technically, CCW is conceal carry weapon and CCP is your permit, am I right?

I have a few CCW's but sadly due to my God forsaken location, I will prolly never get the opportunity to get a permit to carry legally unless I move!

Good luck with your quest.
Here in Florida it is a CWL---->Concealed Weapon License

We don't do no stinkin permits....

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!