COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Reloading Bench

Old 08-12-2014, 01:37 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Where you going Joe, SC? Permanently?

Don't know yet...Caryn movin' up in company. We don't have offer yet, but it is coming. If we don't like it we stay put, status quo.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-12-2014, 02:16 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Where you going Joe, SC? Permanently?
If we could only be so lucky!

Sorry Joe, could not resist.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:24 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
If we could only be so lucky!

Sorry Joe, could not resist.

You got it backwards anyway...If only I could be so lucky!

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 08-12-2014, 03:52 PM
COTEP Member

Don't let space stop you! I got one of these from Midway a while back and keep the press on it and keep it portable.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/155...ProductFinding

Here is my process for reloading pistol calibers.
Stage 1. I clean the brass in a tumbler to get all the carbon and range dirt off for about 30 minutes.
Stage 2. Decap, and resize the brass. Lube if necessary while using non carbide dies.
Stage 3. completely optional but I then run the brass for 6+ hours in polish media.
Stage 4. I use my Lee Auto Prime or the primer in the press to prime the brass.
Stage 5. I flare the cases if needed.
Stage 6. I drop powder and seat each bullet one at a time.
Stage 7. If a separate crimp is necessary I do it.
Stage 8. Shoot it and go back to stage 1!

Stages 1,3 and 4 don't require the press at all. The only stage that needs concentration is stage 6 so you don't double charge. All the other stages I have done while watching TV with the family or helping my daughter with homework. If I needed to set aside enough time to do it all from start to finish I would never get anything done. Also if I had to go to a special room it would take too much time away from family. In the last two weeks I have loaded close to 900 rounds of ammo in the following calibers, .32 H&R Mag, 9x18 Mak, .45 Auto, 300 Blackout. All the cases were prepped in stages as described above. So don't let not having a dedicated space stop you.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Don't let space stop you! I got one of these from Midway a while back and keep the press on it and keep it portable.
I speak for all those here that know roach boy when I say that space is not the issue.

The fact that his cojones are stored neatly and TIGHTLY in his g/f purse under lock and key is the real issue. SHE WON'T LET HIM RELOAD.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Looks like 's setup before he went Big Blue.....
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.

Last edited by NAMVET72; 08-12-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
You got it backwards anyway...If only I could be so lucky!
True.

Quote:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/155...ProductFinding

Here is my process for reloading pistol calibers.
Stage 1. I clean the brass in a tumbler to get all the carbon and range dirt off for about 30 minutes.
Stage 2. Decap, and resize the brass. Lube if necessary while using non carbide dies.
Stage 3. completely optional but I then run the brass for 6+ hours in polish media.
Stage 4. I use my Lee Auto Prime or the primer in the press to prime the brass.
Stage 5. I flare the cases if needed.
Stage 6. I drop powder and seat each bullet one at a time.
Stage 7. If a separate crimp is necessary I do it.
Stage 8. Shoot it and go back to stage 1!

Stages 1,3 and 4 don't require the press at all. The only stage that needs concentration is stage 6 so you don't double charge. All the other stages I have done while watching TV with the family or helping my daughter with homework. If I needed to set aside enough time to do it all from start to finish I would never get anything done. Also if I had to go to a special room it would take too much time away from family. In the last two weeks I have loaded close to 900 rounds of ammo in the following calibers, .32 H&R Mag, 9x18 Mak, .45 Auto, 300 Blackout. All the cases were prepped in stages as described above. So don't let not having a dedicated space stop you.
Thank you for a very informative post.....I will look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
I speak for all those here that know roach boy when I say that space is not the issue.

The fact that his cojones are stored neatly and TIGHTLY in his g/f purse under lock and key is the real issue. SHE WON'T LET HIM RELOAD.
Shut it 10Shot! See post above, now that is helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Because it is, Sir.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:02 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post

Thank you for a very informative post.....I will look into it.

Glad I could help. That Lee Auto Prime you have with the shell holders may be the second most useful tool in the lot. It really cuts down on priming time, and I have loaded a hundred primers into the tray and primed brass while sitting on the couch watching TV with my wife. Multitasking at its best! She got Dancing With the Stars and I got hundreds of primed brass!

You will also want to get a scale to check the powder weight. Lee makes a cheap one that works well to get into things.

One last thing some of those Stages I posted are only 30 minutes or less once you get your set up down depending on the quantity you are loading. I can decap and resize 200-300 brass in a half hour or so. Do the stages when you can and you will have ammo before you know it.

The story I want to hear about is when you go to the range for the first time with your own loads! Please post up how you felt firing off that first round! I don't think my first rounds hit target becuse my eyes were closed!
Old 08-12-2014, 08:36 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Glad I could help. That Lee Auto Prime you have with the shell holders may be the second most useful tool in the lot. It really cuts down on priming time, and I have loaded a hundred primers into the tray and primed brass while sitting on the couch watching TV with my wife. Multitasking at its best! She got Dancing With the Stars and I got hundreds of primed brass!

You will also want to get a scale to check the powder weight. Lee makes a cheap one that works well to get into things.

One last thing some of those Stages I posted are only 30 minutes or less once you get your set up down depending on the quantity you are loading. I can decap and resize 200-300 brass in a half hour or so. Do the stages when you can and you will have ammo before you know it.

The story I want to hear about is when you go to the range for the first time with your own loads! Please post up how you felt firing off that first round! I don't think my first rounds hit target becuse my eyes were closed!
Ok will do!

A beam scale has been recommended and I have a digi scale being sent by . Also have a Lyman and now a Hodgon (sp?) reloading manuals on the way as well as .45acp and 9mm carbide dies.

Just trying to get all I can now, while I can.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Yes sir, he shot me an offer, it was fair for both of us and he is not close to set up.....glad we could make this work!