COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 04-30-2017, 01:52 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
True. It also depends on several factors too. House size, "staged" weapons, plan of defense that you have in place, etc... I'm in a small condo type place now and I have firearms in specific places not visible but, easily accessible. Granted, I don't have kids in the house so no worries about locking them up. So, the plan is if there is time....make it into the "safe room" and defend it with a pump and a couple of pistols (15+ capacity each plus extra mags). We only have to worry about one entrance, the safe room door. Popping intruders as they try to enter into said room with buckshot and pistol ammo headed in thier direction. Side saddle on the shotty if a reload is necessary. If they decide not to enter the room then, we wait till the cops show up. Items are replaceable, lives are not.
Yup. I'm generally in one of two places (more so than others) in my house where I can close & lock a door for a little extra (but not much) security. Hopefully, it's enough for me to retrieve my weapons and be ready if/when they breach that door. It also helps that I have a monitor with my security camera display in both of those two places. So, if I hear something on the outside, I can flip on the monitor immediately and see what might be coming while I'm getting my EDC ready.

I'm also thinking about some of those Ring Floodlight Cam Units. I already have one motion sensitive flood light in the back, but I see that it goes off a lot when there are stray animals that pass by it (feral cats, etc.). We'll have to see how that goes.