COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 04-08-2015, 10:44 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts
Default Fave Dave memory

Do you have a fond/favorite/punny memory of that you'd like to share?

I'll start.

One time in the chat box, many moons ago, the topic came around to Nutella. After much back and broth about the delicious food of the gods, Dave decided to inform me that it causes you to be sterile. We continued to chat about it back and forth and finally signed off.

Well, curiosity got the best of me and I finally Googled what Dave said and it turns out he was pulling my chain. Now, I wasn't worried about for myself, but for my teenage son as he eats as much of it as the rest of us. I didn't want him to have any issues later on in life.

Dave got a good laugh out of it the the next night when we resumed the conversation and I let him know his info was BS. He continued to tease me about it for quite sometime afterwards.

I miss Dave.........
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to skosh69 For This Useful Post:
BlackKnight (04-08-2015), Caleb (04-08-2015), douglas_knott (04-10-2015), Lonestar grips. (04-08-2015), MajO (04-08-2015), milkmanjoe (04-09-2015), sdmc530 (04-08-2015), sstpierre (04-10-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

I didnt know him that well but one time i was being a bone head and had the crazy idea to bobtail a compact 1911. He politely told me i was not very smart to try that. Offered some good advise and had a good laugh about it. Was very wise.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:52 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

"Hi Dave?... It's Mike, Dafadda on Cotep. Got a question on M1 Garands."

"Sure Mike, what can I help you with"...

What ensued was at least a 45 minute conversation about everything you could imagine on an M1. Throat erosion, barrel wear, CMP, gas ports, ammo and more than I could possibly think of now.

"Thanks Dave!"

"Call me anytime Michael"
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:54 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
"Hi Dave?... It's Mike, Dafadda on Cotep. Got a question on M1 Garands."

"Sure Mike, what can I help you with"...

What ensued was at least a 45 minute conversation about everything you could imagine on an M1. Throat erosion, barrel wear, CMP, gas ports, ammo and more than I could possibly think of now.

"Thanks Dave!"

"Call me anytime Michael"
Did the same for me.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:08 AM
COTEP Member

Dave is the reason my SHTF rifles were switched from M1A's to the PTR platform. I was on the fence about switching, we batted it around and he finally agreed that the HK clone was the way to go. I asked quite a few old Marines after that, 100% agreed with Dave's logic. So, this makes Dave partly responsible for me owning the SCCR1000 rifle. Some of you may not know that the SCCR1000 rifle is the only rifle in the world from PTR Industries with the "SCCR" designation. Less than a week after taking possession of SCCR1000 I decided that it would remain unfired, and would be donated to be raffled off to help a person or family in need. The needs of that person or family had to be caused by illness. Being that "SCCR" stands for South Carolina Commemorative Rifle it is likely a raffle will do best up in South Carolina. I don't know when this will happen. Probably after we move back to South Carolina. But Dave will be in the story that goes with the rifle.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 PM
COTEP Member

Wasn't just guns Dave had knowledge of...

One of my best conversations with Dave was after I had mentioned I just got a nice multi-purpose guitar amp for christmas, Dave pipes right up and says "Line 6"? Hit the nail right on the head as I grabbed a Line 6 Amplifi 75.

The ensuing conversation went from discussing Fender/Gibson guitars, and a whole host of artists and bands that were his favorites and mine...

Was always a great pleasure catching Dave online, and having a great chat, one of the main reasons I dedicated that small piece of guitar plucking to a man that meant a lot to many, myself especially, as he made me feel like part of this COTEP group with one of my first friend requests shortly after I joined...

Miss ya terribly Dave, may you rest in peace dear friend!

-scott
- G. K. Chesterton
Old 04-09-2015, 10:19 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

When I started reloading, I was having trouble setting up my dies. Dave said "call me".

I did. In 5 minutes flat he had me within .002 of here I needed to be. All this without seeing my dies or press
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 04-10-2015, 03:56 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

I can remember the joking around in the chatbox about my Springer and 's and Da s and Dave's favorite 1911's of course they Love their MIMBERS, but we were just joking around.

Miss You My Friend Watch Over Us Until We All Meet In Heaven,