COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 12-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

would a thumbhole stock be considered a pistol grip?
COTEP CCO0617
Eufaula, Alabama
Isaiah 6:8-10. 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Founding COTEP Member who is watching over us from above with God at a giant shooting range in heaven
COTEP Member

Guys, it's gonna be a bit harder to pass an Assault Weapon Ban now because, unlike the last ban, they're staring down the barrel of DC v. Heller. Using their standard practice of 'Stare-Decisis' they'll(SCOTUS) see that these are precisely the weapons the 2nd.Amendment protects.
U.S. v. Miller will bite them square in the rump. Anybody who doubts this, read the majority opinion by Chief Justice MacRenyolds.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColMike View Post
Maybe, I know in CA and MA it is specifically named as a pistol grip, just gotta wait and see. I can't comprehend how this will end up going through in CT, but emotion trumps common sense all too often. I looked for 10 rd mags last week, because I'm certain that is coming. They may settle for the bullet button, but who knows?
DW PM-1S #106
www.danwessonforum.com

Last edited by Steve CT; 12-26-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve CT View Post
Connecticut's first Gun Control attempt looks like it will include:

-Prohibit the sale and possession of any rifle, shotgun or pistol magazine with a capacity of more than 10 rounds;
-Expand the definition of an ‘assault weapon’ under current Connecticut state law to apply to firearms which exhibit just one particular physical trait, as opposed to two (i.e., the presence of a pistol grip beneath the action of the weapon) which will make it an Assault Weapon and not legal in CT
-Require the registration with state law enforcement officials—and the biennial registration renewal—of all firearms by model and serial number;
-Institute a 50-percent sales tax on the sale of ammunition and firearms magazines;
-Require a permit to purchase ammunition;
-Prohibit the online purchase of ammunition;
-Prohibit the purchase of ammunition in Connecticut by anyone who is not legally authorized to possess a firearm in Connecticut;
- Prohibit the storage of firearms and ammunition in a manner that allows access by persons under age 18.

This legislation is written and ready to submit when the new Legislative session opens
I'm glad I don't live there. Here in Oklahoma, we're trying to require armed presence in our schools similar to what Texas does now. Heck, we now have open carry if one is inclined to do that.
In other words instead of taking away rights we're giving out more. It's not perfect but it's for sure not kalifornica, Chicago, Bloomberg NY, DC, or it seems possibly CT.....??.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Wouldn't seem like it to me. Doesn't really fit what they think they're after - the "hold it at waist level and spray" kind of scenario.

I guess you never know though. Feinstein would take them all, I believe.
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 12-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

on a side note, does anyone know of places to donate that will defend our rights? Ones with a track record like
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Connecticut citizen defense league
Or other places

The wife and I are setting aside a few bucks a month to donate to these groups. I would like to get a more complete list.

Thanks
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Gonna have to change my tune on this one...

According to Feinstein's proposed legislation, thumbhole stocks are indeed considered pistol grips
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Xxxxx

Last edited by JimF4M1s; 05-14-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouse View Post
on a side note, does anyone know of places to donate that will defend our rights? Ones with a track record like
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Connecticut citizen defense league
Or other places

The wife and I are setting aside a few bucks a month to donate to these groups. I would like to get a more complete list.

Thanks
Virginia Citzens Defense League, www.vcdl.org
They are GREAT! I'm a Member.
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Waits View Post
Guys, it's gonna be a bit harder to pass an Assault Weapon Ban now because, unlike the last ban, they're staring down the barrel of DC v. Heller. Using their standard practice of 'Stare-Decisis' they'll(SCOTUS) see that these are precisely the weapons the 2nd.Amendment protects.
U.S. v. Miller will bite them square in the rump. Anybody who doubts this, read the majority opinion by Chief Justice MacRenyolds.
There won't be a Nationwide Ban. Won't make it through the House.
Likely a Tax on ammo, not sure.
When Obama "passed the buck" to Joe Biden, I knew we were safe!
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson