COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 09-17-2016, 04:48 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Bad plan, bad plan! Lisa will think I ordered all that stuff and I'll have to sleep at your house!
In other words you'll have no place to go......LOL

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 09-17-2016, 08:09 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Looking GOOD!

I've given up on building lowers. When I can buy a complete PSA lower for $159, and it comes close to.... if not perfect... I just can't see putting one together from scratch.

That said... I will occasionally take one of my lowers apart and put it back together again, just to keep the skills. Took apart a PCF polymer lower a couple days ago. Lost two (count 'em... TWO) buffer retainer plugs. Found the springs across the room, but the retainers are gone. They are floating around somewhere in my shop. Been on the floor looking for them for two days.

Thank God for spares!
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.

Last edited by DaFadda; 09-17-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:14 PM
COTEP Member

I originally had thought on just buying one and had done some serious homework on it too. Then I saw some posts from a couple of COTEP members on their builds and I contacted C aleb and picked his brain, I ordered parts and during the ensuing waiting period I did some research, parts arrived and I started the build. It truly isn’t that difficult, but, with that being said, I do realize that it’s not for everyone. I thoroughly enjoy this type of thing and enjoy working with my hands. I will be ordering some more ‘lowers’ here very soon to put aside for future builds (C aleb did warn me that this would happen).
Bottom line - I wanted to 'build' one.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

Last edited by RKP; 09-18-2016 at 10:37 PM.