COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Dan Wesson

Old 12-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Congrats. I want one

We have a great life here in [Texas], and we're never going back to America again – Homer Simpson
Texans and Guns The All Mighty JMB
Old 12-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
Congrats. I want one
Me too. Shot one once, great gun!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 AM
COTEP Member

Beautiful! Congratulations!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:26 AM
COTEP Member

I have to say, the more I look at the Valor, the more impressed I am with it. The quality of workmanship is exceptional, and I just had to break it down for a little cleaning and to look further at it. This was somewhat nerve racking, as I did not want to put an idiot scratch on it so soon after bringing it home. It was a bear to put back together, but no idiot scratch.

I don't know why, but I draw more comfort from carrying a 1911 that I do from carrying anything else, including a rifle. When we lived in Memphis I carried my Kimber Eclipse every day. I practiced with it a minimum of 200 rounds per week and sometimes as many as 500, for several months after I bought it. It racked up some serious mileage in short order and proved itself to be reliable and very, very, very accurate. I knew where it would hit at any given distance out to 50 yards and I felt confident that if the worst occurred, I was well armed. I loved that pistol from the moment I saw it in its plastic bag soaked in oil, but it has been co-opted by my son as an early graduation present. I have confidence that it will protect my son now. But giving it to him was how I justified the Valor.

I have to say that I had the same feeling about the Valor from the moment I saw it. I could not believe my incredible good fortune at seeing not one but two black Valors in the case. It was a rare occurrence that I was in the right place at the right time. I handled them both and then chose the tighter of the two. My Valor is everything that others have said a Valor should be, and unless something unexpected happens, this is the pistol I will carry from here on out.

I will let you know how it shoots as I break it in. I can't wait.

COTEP CBOB0691
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

As an owner of a few Valors, I can promise you that you won't be disappointed! They are accurate and High Quality!
By The Way, They Breed and Multiply!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Black Valor Family, NEW 014.jpg (94.1 KB, 9 views)
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-03-2013, 02:41 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw1911 View Post
As an owner of a few Valors, I can promise you that you won't be disappointed! They are accurate and High Quality!
By The Way, They Breed and Multiply!
For some odd reasons guns are very promiscuous. I have seen the evidence myself, but my wife does not believe me that guns will get jiggy whenever they possibly can.

COTEP CBOB0691
Old 01-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

You gotta keep the females from the males.......just saying. Now you'll need a set of BBQ grips from one of the grip makers in our forum! And then a BBQ holster/belt to complete! Enjoy it! I love my valor