COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 10-26-2017, 08:02 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
I know there are two pistols that have an exemption from the Short Barrel Rifle designation when a stock is attached to it. I am pretty sure the first one is the Luger. The other is either the Broomhandle or the High Power. Anyone know?
original C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser, and the P08 "Luger" have the exemption from the ATF. Modern reproduction pistols do NOT have the exemption

The ATF has ruled that reproduction wood shoulder stocks for the above two pistols are still exempt.

**CORRECTION**

Certain Pre-WWII Browning High Power pistols also have the SBR/NFA exemption, but the number of pistols is much smaller, and the stock CANNOT be a reproduction.

From the NFA Guide:

Quote:
Belgian, Pre-war mfd. Hi Power pistols, in cal. 9mm having tangent sights graduated to 500 meters, slotted for shoulder stock, having S/Ns of less than 47,000 without letter prefixes or suffixes and accompanied by original Belgian mfd. detachable wooden flat board type shoulder stocks.
Also

Quote:
Browning Hi power pistols, 9mm having tangent sights graduated to 500 meters, slotted for shoulder stock, having S/Ns less than T200,000 etched vertically on the right side of slide, barrel or frame and bearing crest of Emirates of Muscat & Oman, or mirror image of such crest, accompanied by original detachable wooden flat board shoulder stocks.

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.

Last edited by AFJuvat; 10-26-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 10-26-2017, 08:21 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
The C96 "Broomhandle" Mauser, and the P08 "Luger" have the exemption from the ATF. The High Power needs a tax stamp to attach the wood holster/shoulder stock.

I told you this guy would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2017, 08:26 AM
COTEP Member

Today's Firearm of the Day is......

The Kriss Vector:

The KRISS Vector series is a family of weapons based upon the parent submachine gun design developed by KRISS USA, formerly Transformational Defense Industries (TDI). They use an unconventional delayed blowback system combined with in-line design to reduce perceived recoil and muzzle climb. In the spring of 2007, TDI announced the Kriss Super V submachine gun. It was an experimental weapon under advanced stages of development at that time. The name Kriss comes from an Indonesian sword or a large knife with flame-like blade.

The second generation prototype of the KRISS Vector called the K10 was announced at SHOT Show 2011. It is a slightly more compact version of the Vector that is based on the same Super V system. The main difference is the use of a telescopic stock that collapses into the upper receiver rather than the earlier folding stock. The charging handle operates downward instead of horizontally. The K10 was not displayed after SHOT Show 2013 and its status is unknown and likely have been cancelled. KRISS announced the "Gen II" versions of the original Vector models in 2015. It features a redesigned pistol grip, safety selector, and compatibility with a new 9mm lower were announced. It appears to have replaced the K10 prototypes.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:34 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

The last picture with the Kriss on top of ammo boxes is apropos. if you have one you will need lots of the other.

COTEP #719

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
Old 10-27-2017, 09:31 AM
COTEP Member

Today’s Firearm of the Day.....

Walther P38:

The Walther P38 is a 9 mm semi-automatic pistol that was developed by Walther arms as the service pistol of the Wehrmacht at the beginning of World War II. It was intended to replace the costly Luger P08, the production of which was scheduled to end in 1942. The first designs submitted to the German Army featured a locked breech and a hidden hammer, but the Heer (German Army) requested that it be redesigned with an external hammer.

The P38 concept was accepted by the German military in 1938 but production of actual prototype ("Test") pistols did not begin until late 1939. Walther began manufacture at their plant in Zella-Mehlis and produced three series of "Test" pistols, designated by a "0" prefix to the serial number. The third series pistols satisfactorily solved the previous problems for the Heer and mass production began in mid-1940, using Walther's military production identification code "480". After a few thousand pistols the Heer changed all codes from numbers to letters and Walther was given the "ac" code.[citation needed]

Several experimental versions were later created in .45 ACP, and .38 Super, but these were never mass-produced. In addition to the 9×19mm Parabellum version, some 7.65×21mm Parabellum and some .22 Long Rifle versions were also manufactured and sold.

Old 10-27-2017, 09:33 AM
COTEP Member

Thumbs up

Really enjoying this thread C aleb, great idea bud !!
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:48 AM
COTEP Member

Great thread!
Old 10-27-2017, 10:07 AM
COTEP Member

Great thread

To speak without thinking is to shoot without aiming.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

could not agree more. This is a great thread. When you get tired of doing a daily version we could start a rotation of a "gun of the week". if a member chooses each member does a post on Monday or whatever and keep this one going. I would be all in on doing a turn.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:06 AM
COTEP Member

Glad you guys like it, I was considering stopping the daily posts if no one was interested. I don’t mind rotating shifts as long as it’s coordinated well. We might get 3 firearms of the day if not, lol... I have 2 more in line for this weekend, after that either I can keep going or someone can pick up on Monday.