COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Reloading Bench

Old 04-22-2015, 12:47 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Really appreciate all the input from you guys. You're terrific!
Jim
Old 04-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
Now much more important was did I want/need a case feeder. On the blue press the case feeding station is located on the right side of the press which forces the inclusion of a case feeder to reload efficiently. On the RED press the case feeding station as well as the bullet feeding station are both located on the left side of the press. Why is this important you ask? Well to me this is very important because with the RED press I can keep my right hand on the press handle and the left hand handles the insertion of the case in station 1 and the bullet seating in station 4. So for my needs the RED press was a much cheaper choice since I didn't need a case feeder.

So in summary, if looking at these two presses it should come down to whether you want a case feeder or not. I didn't because it adds cost and noise to the process. But everyone's needs are different. I don't get passionate about pushing people to one or the other because I know that both are great choices and both aren't perfect. Most issues with both of these presses are with the priming systems and just need massaged and fiddled with a little every once in awhile to keep things running smoothly.

Hope you found it helpful.
Super great advice and helpful, I will make a comment, case feeders can be noisy, they spin full of brass even at slow speeds and can make noise if you are in a small room with concrete walls. I have this sometimes.

The case feed on my Dillon is on the back right as you face it. I can see how it might get in the way of a loading person but don't have any issue with this. I can not see reloading on any progressive without it however. That seems to defeat the purpose of the progressive.

I think your main point is spot on, no matter the color Red or Blue you will love rocking the reloading press!!!

Load on!! Great thread discussion here!!
Old 04-24-2015, 04:16 PM
COTEP Member

I reload for precision although it is half priced so I just shoot twice as much...As others have said.

I can't get the consistency from factory ammo that I do myself.
- Samuel Adams
Old 05-03-2015, 04:43 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thank you all! Just terrific input here.
Jim