COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 01-29-2023, 09:10 PM
COTEP Member

Your local tractor supply has brass and nickle plated rings that work well with an HK clip, like you showed on the sling up above. That is how I have one of my "carbines" rigged with paracord on the A2 stock. Even easier with the web slot. Paracord is easy to tie off and secure....webbing MEH.
Old 02-02-2023, 12:12 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

The 458 SOCOM hog gun is almost finished. Almost as in one more thing to get, a silencer, which may take a while.

Here is the semi-final build.
Limbsaver snap-on recoil pad, Aero Precision Lower, UU&T night vision monocular attached to Leupold classic 3-9x40 (inherited from my father!), Ludex brass catcher (gotta hang to that expensive brass!), Omega Arms upper.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 02-02-2023, 11:10 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Damn son that is awesome. At first glance I thought you put a RPG launcher on the top

Can't wait to hear how it shoots....
Old 02-02-2023, 11:52 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

So whats your barrel thread pitch 5/8-24 or .578×28(45acp)?
you could always try the oil filter adapter game til you properly certed (mugged) and get the real thing...

Looks like you got your sling mount figured out.

COTEP 439
Old 02-03-2023, 08:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse'nround View Post
So whats your barrel thread pitch 5/8-24 or .578×28(45acp)?
you could always try the oil filter adapter game til you properly certed (mugged) and get the real thing...

Looks like you got your sling mount figured out.
Believe it or not, I do not know what the thread pitch is. I will have to remove the flash suppressor to find out. The dealer didn't know, and the web site for the manufacturer isn't working right now.
The sling is just temporary. Clipping onto the fixed sling swivel on the butt doesn't really work for how I want to carry the rifle up a ladder into a deer stand, but deer season is over so no hurry on that. I have found a QD mount that attaches to the webbing slot but they are out of stock.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 02-08-2023, 02:38 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

So if you wanted to mount the QD on a little more open space of the panel you could use one of these.

https://monstrumtactical.com/m-lok-s...-sling-swivel/

COTEP 439
Old 02-09-2023, 11:34 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse'nround View Post
So if you wanted to mount the QD on a little more open space of the panel you could use one of these.

https://monstrumtactical.com/m-lok-s...-sling-swivel/
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. It's in the picture, along with a simulation of two holes I could drill holes to bolt it on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
I think what I am going to do is just drill two holes somewhere below the webbing slot, and bolt one of the M-LOK QD swivels on. Probably need to cut a steel plate to go on the opposite side so I don't pull through the thin plastic.

- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 02-09-2023 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:23 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
All useless as tits on a boar hog without an upper...
I got nothing, looking forward to seeing this build, but that expression just had me rolling on the floor!!!
Old 02-11-2023, 08:24 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Hi Doctor,

I've read some reviews about that Ludox unit you have installed. I was considering one, except it has a piece that has to be "adhesived" to the side of the rifle. Did you use that double side tape? IF so... I was thinking about using a product called "Alien tape". It is non marring and completely removable. Let us know if you try it. Seems like a good alternative, especially if you want to use the ludox on several rifles. What do you think?
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 02-11-2023, 09:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Hi Doctor,

I've read some reviews about that Ludox unit you have installed. I was considering one, except it has a piece that has to be "adhesived" to the side of the rifle. Did you use that double side tape? IF so... I was thinking about using a product called "Alien tape". It is non marring and completely removable. Let us know if you try it. Seems like a good alternative, especially if you want to use the ludox on several rifles. What do you think?
The piece has adhesive already on it, and once it sets, it's pretty solid. It comes with several spare adhesive strips and a tool for removing it, but you could use regular double sided tape.
You can buy extra bases on Amazon if you want to move it between several lowers.
I have not been to the range with it, but I don't see how it can not work. It's more compact than the netting type catchers and not obtrusive.

- George Orwell