COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 01-10-2021, 07:31 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Here is hoping he comes through on his end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, indeed.

The rules at Gunbroker are specific. A seller has 5 calendar days to contact the buyer (after an auction win and/or "buy now") to make payment arrangements (it is now day 2 of 5). The buyer (assuming it is an auction) then has 10 calendar days to complete payment, and the seller then has 14 calendar days thereafter to ship the product. So, in essence, since I "bought now," and payment has been sent, I guess that 14 day clock has started. We'll see what happens. I dunno. This particular seller has like 4885 A+ ratings, but he does have 35 "F" ratings within the last year. And, mostly, they are for failing to stay in communication with the buyer. I have to wonder whether or not those A+ ratings are fakes. And I know the seller has to contact me because my FFL's cert on Gunbroker has expired and they need the updated one. So I know he has to contact me. All the other sellers have contacted me for the updated FFL Doc, and shipped immediately after I got it to them.

We'll see.

Last edited by FfNJGTFO; 01-10-2021 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:35 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

I bought a pistol from gunbroker several years ago and I thought I got scammed because the seller never contacted me or updated the transaction. I put a claim in and that same day I get a call from my FFL saying I had a pistol come in for me. I was so confused because I had never given that seller my FFL info.?.?.?... Anyways, I was happy with the purchase but not once did I get any communication from that particular seller. Good luck bud.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:35 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
I bought a pistol from gunbroker several years ago and I thought I got scammed because the seller never contacted me or updated the transaction. I put a claim in and that same day I get a call from my FFL saying I had a pistol come in for me. I was so confused because I had never given that seller my FFL info.?.?.?... Anyways, I was happy with the purchase but not once did I get any communication from that particular seller. Good luck bud.

I've discovered the seller has different contact info on a different page within GB so I will try that info. tomorrow and see. Otherwise, I think it's going to be just like you. The 14 day clock has started. After that, I go with GB's resolution procedure.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:41 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
All - It's time for me to take the next step in my 2A journey. And with yall's help, I'll make this pay off in a number of different ways.

As Pig will tell you, I once owned a pretty nice LE6920... one I had "semi-built" from an OEM1 by adding the appropriate Magpul MOE Furniture Kit and other devices, etc. However, due to a temporary financial situation, plus the fact that I didn't care for fixed iron front sight on the OEM1, I sold that weapon. Now, with those financial issues pretty much resolved, I'm ready to start the recovery process. I wanted to try and do the same thing I did before but, this time, with an LE6920, OEM2 (that didn't have the fixed front iron sight). But wouldn't ya know... by the time I'm ready to do this, Colt decided to no longer sell to the commercial market... Ugghh. The only raw OEM2 I can find now costs about $1250.00 way more than the $700.00 I paid for an OEM1 originally. And even they are starting to jack up in price due to Colt's decision.

Thus, I thought to myself, "What a perfect time for me to learn how to build completely from scratch (i.e. from a raw lower on up)..." I've been doing some YouTube video looking on what's involved, and one of the things I'll have to consider is whether or not it's worth investing not only in the parts for the build, but also in the tools, etc (vice blocks, punch sets, wrenches, etc.)... I'll build that into the calculations.

Where I'm going to need the most help is in selecting the right parts... the right receivers (upper & lower), trigger group, BCG, etc. etc. etc. I have no idea what's "good or bad..." Is cheaper better, or not? I don't know. But, hopefully, with all the knowledgeable folks here, I'm going to build something fantastic here. And, in the process, I'll build a little courage, as well.

More on this later... But initial thoughts welcome.

A wise old proverb says:

Quote:
Happiness is like a butterfly. If you chase after it, it will elude you. But, if you turn your attention to other things, it comes and rests, softly on your shoulder.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the finished product....

|
|
|
|
|
V

Left side

Right Side.

As you can see I was able to fit the HG and get everything right. But we are far from over. Now it has to be tested. And, already there has been one test failure. When I attempted to test it with dummy rounds (snap caps), the BCG got stuck when I tried to extract. I had to take it apart, manually pull back the BCG and get the dummy round out. I guess the only way I'll be able to test it is with live rounds. At least the dummy round did load from the mag and went into battery.

Thank you all for working with me on this. I have learned much. And I do feel a lot more confident in my building skils. You just have to know certain tricks to get things to work The "Liquid Wrench" was a good trick for stubborn roll pins. Placing the HG on required me to remove the gas block/tube assembly... but ever so slightly so that the tube stays aligned in the delta ring and I can depress the delta ring and lock in the HG. then I can push the cap onto the guard and set the block on the barrel.

I'll keep you posted once I test fire it. Well... I hope I can report to you and am not blown to bits....

Thanks again.

Oh, and PS.... In re: my issue with the Gunbroker seller, while he did not answer his phone, I did send him a direct email and attached the updated copy of my FFL's cert doc. Within 1hr, I noticed that the FFL doc flag on the order was switched to "Received." So, although he may not be talking, he could very well be shipping.

We'll see.

Last edited by FfNJGTFO; 01-11-2021 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:21 PM
COTEP Member

Me no see the pics.

My pleasure with the assistance but, you did the work. BZ.

I’m sure the test fire will go just fine. Start off with one round in the mag. If the bcg locks back, load two or three and test fire. If she fires and cycles with no hiccups, pop her open and inspect for unusual signs or wear. If it looks good, load it up and have fun.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:44 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Me no see the pics.

My pleasure with the assistance but, you did the work. BZ.

I’m sure the test fire will go just fine. Start off with one round in the mag. If the bcg locks back, load two or three and test fire. If she fires and cycles with no hiccups, pop her open and inspect for unusual signs or wear. If it looks good, load it up and have fun.

That's because I tried to use a different pic. inventory other than imgur. I don't want to use imgur with 2A pics. Let me try something else.

Sorry
Old 01-11-2021, 02:51 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
That's because I tried to use a different pic. inventory other than imgur. I don't want to use imgur with 2A pics. Let me try something else.

Try it now on the same post.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:41 PM
COTEP Member

OK, I give up. Something on the forum software is "censoring" the pics. I don't know what to do.

Can I only Insert images from a commercially available image storage site (eg. Imgur)? Is there a way for me to upload images directly from my computer?
Old 01-11-2021, 04:39 PM
COTEP Member

I’m not sure..... I use Tapatalk and even that app is pissing me off.

Old 01-12-2021, 08:43 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:

Update: Both items now shipped with FedEx Tracking, expected to the FFL on 01/14. This will complete my "recovery list."

Looking at one more item and then a parts order for the next build. That should do it for a while. Then we look for more ammo. And we wait and see what Harris/Biden are going to do.