COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 03-15-2021, 02:04 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
I'm the same way^^ although just recently I finally came across a Mossberg 590 that's been damn near impossible to find due to the 'whole crap thing', a good friend found one and I jumped on it.

Regular or Shockwave?
Old 03-15-2021, 02:37 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
For cheaper pricing?

I dunno. I've always felt the need to get NIB stuff. I've been reluctant to buy "used" because, just my luck," I'll get one that was used in a Federal bank robbery where three LEOs were killed with it. I know, I have the ability to vet the weapon and check the serial #, but I'd still be a little concerned. Besides, half the fun is breaking in a new piece and fixing the kinks in it. More expensive? Yes. But a price I'm willing to pay.

That, and I'm also concerned that they actually *might* get some Anti-2A stuff passed. I want to ensure I have all my "acquisitions" complete before any of that happens.

There will be a ton of guns for sale at cheap prices once everyone feels “safe” again.

I always require a bill of sale with DL # or a CCL when buying used. I don’t buy used from dealers as they ask way too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2021, 07:19 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
Regular or Shockwave?

590 A1 w/black furniture, heat shield, ghost ring sites, metal trigger guard/safety switch & the bayonet lug.

COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

When I buy used it's from people I know or where I can personally inspect the items. Picked up many good pieces that way. In one instance three from an estate sale.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:39 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKP View Post
590 A1 w/black furniture, heat shield, ghost ring sites, metal trigger guard/safety switch & the bayonet lug.

Excellent scatter gun.

Old 03-16-2021, 12:00 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
When I buy used it's from people I know or where I can personally inspect the items. Picked up many good pieces that way. In one instance three from an estate sale.

I'm not totally ruling it out... after all, it's how I'm going to have to do any NFAs I expect to acquire. But I'll be careful.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:57 PM
COTEP Member

Quick Question. I'm cleaning up my Watch list on GB, now that most of my activity on there is pretty much done... (until the next time)...

I had this one item on my watch list that I was curious as to whether or not I needed it. It's described as an "Accuwedge Tension Pin" for AR-15 Receivers.

Supposedly, it helps tighten up the upper and lower receivers by applying spring tension to each. I guess it takes the place of the rear pin.

Necessary? I don't have any "looseness" issues with my 1st build. But it seemed interesting enough to put on my watch list.

Thanks!
Old 03-24-2021, 04:38 PM
COTEP Member

Nope, not needed. If you have a sloppy fit then just get one of those “wedges” that sits in the lower. Adds enough tension to stop the rattle.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:43 PM
COTEP Member

Another quick question. I'm doing my best to stock up on some ammo in order to go do my test firings of my built AR, and some check out / break in firings of my other newly acquired items. It's hard, and I may have to pay going rate for a small bit of it (only enough to do the check outs) and, after that, I hold out for much lower prices.

I have an opportunity to pick up some Federal XM855 Green tip at a very reasonable price (too reasonable if you ask me), but it comes in 10 round clips (i.e. stripped on). Would I be able to remove the rounds from the clip and just load them into a magazine or will they only work on their clips? If I can do that, then it would be well worth the effort for the price I'm paying.

Old 03-29-2021, 10:59 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Yes, you may. It actually makes it easier if you know how and have the second part to the stripper clips that goes on the magazines. It's meant to load 10 rounds at a time into the magazines.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.

Last edited by BlackKnight; 03-29-2021 at 11:02 AM.