COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger > Range Reports

Old 02-15-2015, 08:34 PM
COTEP Member

Default Glock17/1911 two gun on two steel up on you yube

Hit the desert for some range time with the pistols. Playing with the Enhanced Peripheral Vision © two guns on two threats at the same time. G17 turned full auto on steel plate.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 02-18-2015, 10:21 AM
COTEP Member

Bttt,

Old 02-18-2015, 10:34 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Interesting.
COTEP CCO0617
Eufaula, Alabama
Isaiah 6:8-10. 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Old 02-18-2015, 10:38 AM
COTEP Member

Brownie....any logic to two different pistols? I practice this but with two G17's.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 02-18-2015, 11:16 AM
COTEP Member

Not really Joe, it's just the two I took to play with that day. One should be able to fire one handed equally well with any firearms handed them, but most don't practice enough to be able to hit like I do in the vid firing both at the same time or alternating between guns, all one handed.

Give new meaning to the term "BUG" gun when it could be drawn at the same time and fired as well and simultaneously if need be. Most of the time my BUG isn't the same gun as the primary,

Old 02-18-2015, 11:22 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColMike View Post
Interesting.
I developed that skill [ enhanced peripheral vision shooting skills ] using two guns like the vid on a bet back in the late 80's. I was told no way, no how it would ever be something reliable enough. Took me 1K rounds and a month to develop it so it could be imparted to anyone with little effort.

It helps develop off hand one handed shooting skills. The secret to it's success is not looking at either threat and using JUST peripheral vision with the guns below line of sight/

Joe's had the training, people get this the first time they try it under my guidance and directions. Just means everyone is capable of performing thusly, they just haven't figured out how.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:59 AM
COTEP Member

I wonder how many here can actually hit anything with a firearm reliably with their off hand as shown?

Old 02-18-2015, 01:37 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
I developed that skill [ enhanced peripheral vision shooting skills ] using two guns like the vid on a bet back in the late 80's. I was told no way, no how it would ever be something reliable enough. Took me 1K rounds and a month to develop it so it could be imparted to anyone with little effort.

It helps develop off hand one handed shooting skills. The secret to it's success is not looking at either threat and using JUST peripheral vision with the guns below line of sight/

Joe's had the training, people get this the first time they try it under my guidance and directions. Just means everyone is capable of performing thusly, they just haven't figured out how.
I am one of the fortunate people who have a place to actually practice this skill. And I do. Alot. Even moving, with two G 17's. It is quite amazing how practicing this two handed drill can make one handed shooting easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
I wonder how many here can actually hit anything with a firearm reliably with their off hand as shown?
Next class you hold I will shoot off hand and see if you think I have a grasp on it. My own opinion is I'm better offhand than most shooting primary hand. But again, I am fortunate to be able to practice at my own range.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!