COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 03-17-2018, 01:43 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts
Talking Gunsplaining!

I am literally exhausted from explaining that there is no such thing as an “Assault Rifle”.

Since the Florida school shooting the usual rabble has been out in force arguing for taking away more of our rights. This time they’ve stepped up their game and enlisted thousands of high school kids as unwitting accomplices to their agenda.

The teens are more than happy to march in the streets and miss a day school while feeling self-righteous about it. I have a teenager and he has verified that 90% or more of the kids marching just wanted out of school and have no idea what they’re marching for or against in any meaningful way.

Trending: Trump Official Assaulted by George Soros Operative on Capitol Hill!

The adults in the media are fawning over the formerly “Tide-Pod-Eating” teens and are welcoming them into the debate on gun control and our Second Amendment rights. The message is clear that the youth of America will finally right the wrongs of their horrible NRA-loving parents.

The problem is…the inmates are running the asylum.

None of them, not even the adults pushing this agenda, have a clue what they are talking about. They don’t know what the current gun laws. Not even a little bit.

Here’s a short list of what anti-gunners don’t know.

They don’t know what kind of weapons purchases trigger a background check.

They don’t know what makes you fail a background check.

They don’t know what kinds of weapons are currently banned in America.

They don’t know that a weapon with wood on it is every bit as dangerous as a black one.

They don’t know the difference between an automatic or a semi-automatic.

They have no idea that the vast majority of weapons out there are semi-auto.

They have no idea semi-auto means one pull of the trigger equals one projectile is fired.

They have no idea that an AR-15 doesn’t stand for Assault Rifle.

They don’t know that an Assault Rifle doesn’t exist.

They don’t know that you can’t stop mass shootings by outlawing one style of weapon.

They don’t know that marching in the streets makes them look stupid.

They don’t see the irony that they are marching in the streets for their own government to take away their rights provided since America’s inception.

They don’t know that a person with a 380 can kill a person with an AR.

They don’t know that metal detectors and armed guards at a single point of entry would solve the problem…like it does at the airport, the courthouse, and everywhere else it is tried.

They don’t know that I don’t have to have a reason to own a firearm, it’s our right.

They don’t know that magazines aren’t ‘rapid fire’…they simply hold rounds.

They don’t know how many is too many rounds a magazine should carry because they have no idea what a magazine is.

They don’t know that a round means a bullet.

They don’t know that ghost guns are fiction.

They don’t know that the gun show loophole is fake news.

They don’t know that the assault weapons ban in the USA was a failure.

They don’t know that if they banned all guns in America they would spark a civil war (and they would lose that war horribly)

They don’t know that NRA is made up of millions of proud Americans who love their children.

They don’t know that the number of NRA members has spiked since their efforts to outlaw guns has become news.

They don’t know that guns are the greatest equalizer on the planet when confronted with an attacker.

They don’t know that hundreds of thousands of people deter a crime or rape every year with their privately-owned firearm.

Many of them don’t know the word firearm means a gun.

To be honest gun control activists don’t know much of anything about guns. All they know is that guns are evil and those who defend them are less than human and baby killers.

I have been accused of “Mansplaining” before and most people are familiar with the term. There is a term for what I find myself constantly doing as an out of the closet and open NRA member and gun rights activist.

I didn’t coin the term, but it fits perfectly the situation we are in…it’s called “Gunsplaining”.

The term has been used to describe liberals as they mistakenly describe guns, but I think we should claim it for our side as we have to do more explaining than anyone. #GUNSPLAIN.

It’s the act of teaching an otherwise ignorant gun control zealot the truth. It’s a never-ending job. So, if you find yourself explaining AGAIN what Armalite Rifle stands for or that a semi-auto is different from a machine gun…you are “Gunsplaining”.

I need your help. All 2A loving patriots please join in and “Gunsplain” any chance you get. The stupidity is so strong with the anti-gun crowd it’s almost a public service to “Gunsplain”. Try to do it with love, even though that is difficult, it’s a necessary service to America.
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dw1911 For This Useful Post:
Caleb (03-18-2018), DaFadda (03-30-2018), DrHenley (03-17-2018), FfNJGTFO (03-17-2018), MajO (03-17-2018), RKP (03-17-2018), sdmc530 (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 08:23 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Who was it, Stalin, or Lenin that called them "Useful idiots" ?

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Lenin although there is much debate he said it.

@dw1911
I will take every chance to explain the realisms of guns. Its a daunting task
Old 03-18-2018, 02:28 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Yup, I’m in that club. Every chance I get, I’ll correct these idiots as much as possible.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:07 PM
COTEP Member

The only “gunsplaining” anyone needs, Harry Callahan did in the famous scene in Dirty Harry.
Old 03-18-2018, 04:42 PM
COTEP Member

Send this link to all the liberals you know it will have them pulling out their hair, it's actually a pretty good read.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/
Old 03-18-2018, 07:08 PM
COTEP Member

Default Take on the lies...

It's important to take on the lies, and tell the truth on them every time.

Remember, the reason that the press has an agenda, and repeatedly lies about guns and the reason that gun control zealots manipulate kids is because propaganda and emotional motivation works.

I've been doing some writing on a new Blog members might find interesting:

https://skilledshot.wordpress.com/

As the new 21st century target of irrational prejudice, you owe it to yourself not to act as a discriminated against minority... Let them get away with it and politicians will think it's easy to infringe on your rights.

ut facile, Usurpate tamen!
Old 03-29-2018, 10:10 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

You know, it’s virtually impossible to convince an idiot that he is an idiot. Especially one that has been steeped in the idiocy of the American education system, according to them we live in a democratic union. Yes these 50 states joined together as a democracy…. Hmmm, I coulda’ swore we were a constitutional republic, and as such we are afforded certain rights and freedoms, with those freedoms comes responsibilities to exercise your rights in protecting them. Nothing is really free, you have to stand up for your rights to both be free and secure. Somehow we have got to the point where it always someone else’s fault and its GUN violence not people violence. We’ve gone from I chose not to defend myself to I chose to not allowing you to defend yourself either and my rights trump yours. Now they’re enlisting school kids to drive their agenda, to this I say BULLSHIT! To those idiots taking their children out of school to march for their agenda you should be required to sit in detention with your kid after school and take a civics class.
I whole heartedly support moving the gun ownership age back to 21, with that should go the right to vote, ownership and use of a cell phone without parental supervision. Driving a car for 18 and under should be restricted to daylight only and use of the term illegal immigrant should be a felony.
Okay I’ll stop here before I really get spinning….

COTEP 439
Old 03-30-2018, 07:24 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,477 Times in 714 Posts

I took a new route with it. I'm somewhat unapproachable anyway, but when someone is foolish enough to ask why I need an AR, my reply is "F*** you. That's why". Seems to work
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 03-30-2018, 07:56 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
I took a new route with it. I'm somewhat unapproachable anyway, but when someone is foolish enough to ask why I need an AR, my reply is "F*** you. That's why". Seems to work
Also used effectively at Walmart, gas station, grocery store, church...