COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Honor, Duty, Country

Old 04-27-2014, 01:29 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

, there's a web site from the state of New Jersey which will tell you what charities collect and how much gets back to the people they're supposedly collecting for. I can't find where I put it, but it'll probably pop up if you google it.
Kentucky Colonel
Retired Motor Officer
Old 04-27-2014, 02:22 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersnest View Post
, there's a web site from the state of New Jersey which will tell you what charities collect and how much gets back to the people they're supposedly collecting for. I can't find where I put it, but it'll probably pop up if you google it.
This is why I give in person. I just do not trust people to get enough of my $$ to where I want it to go.
Funny thing about Marines, not one has ever asked for anything or taken any cash. They just don't do that. Is why I provide a place of quiet, beer and a phone number. If you wanna feed a Marine the best way is to give them a post hole digger and put a string where you want the fence. They'll eat the food and drink the beer when the fence is up. If you wanna show a Marine a good time with no work invite his wife and kids, get them off base or out of housing. Then throw a party.
My kids have learned ALOT from Marines up in SC. When my younger son was in a batting slump he reminded himself he has to look inside himself, grab the job and bust it out. Fisher taught him that when he was six. As of this morning the league has him batting .575, with a pitching ERA of 00.00, tops in the league. Giving is a two way street.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 04-27-2014, 03:45 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

The problem with "Wounded Warrior Project" is they are anti gun. You can google it. They are willing to take money from charity shoots etc. But they are anti gun and will not be affiliated with anything involving guns. Other than take their checks. I no longer contribute to WWP, there are plenty of organizations that appreciate gun owners that I can contribute to. WWP has become like so many good causes, they get so big they get political and forget what their objective was.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 04-27-2014, 04:56 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdog View Post
The problem with "Wounded Warrior Project" is they are anti gun. You can google it. They are willing to take money from charity shoots etc. But they are anti gun and will not be affiliated with anything involving guns. Other than take their checks. I no longer contribute to WWP, there are plenty of organizations that appreciate gun owners that I can contribute to. WWP has become like so many good causes, they get so big they get political and forget what their objective was.
Here is my problem.....the salaries.....I will never say anyone should work for free, but if something is really in your heart you don't need to be paid $330,000.00 a year cause it is in line with industry standards.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/busines...ograms/2132493

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!