Old 05-21-2015, 02:48 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

Wassa "Glock"?
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 05-22-2015, 12:22 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Your trigger will become lighter after some shooting. You can Google(Youtube) a Glock 25 cent trigger job. Watch a few videos, it is pretty simple. I also install 3.5Lb connectors in my Glocks, andI polish the internals for a smoother pull. All very simple, all on Youtube. OR....you can go to a local gun show. There is almost always a Glock Certified Armorer at every gun show. Maybe $60-$65 and you'll have a REAL trigger job, replacement springs and connector included. Funny how I used to tune all my Glocks, for decades. Now for the first time I am leaning to going to the gun show, dropping off a gun for a trigger job, and shopping the aisles. I wondered why this was happening to me until I came across my birth certificate and saw the date I was born on.
This. .25 trigger job plus 3.5 lb connector, great.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:25 AM
COTEP Member

Glock 43? Lol
Old 05-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Howdy All

Just to let you know, Glock triggers are Glock Triggers and there is no actual $.25 trigger job or shooting that will smooth out a Glock trigger or make it what you want it to be (No pre, no post travel and a quick reset).

Can this be accomplished, the simple answer is YES!
But it is not $.25 and just taking a little polish to it will also not make it what you want.. There is a lot that goes into it including a set of custom springs etc.

There is actually no 3.5# connector and if you think that just putting a "-" connector in you gun is going to achieve this you are only kidding your self.

It is a name given to the "-" connector but again, there is more to be done to get the trigger where you want it.
Just ask and ask him what he thinks of my trigger jobs.

Yep, I build Glocks for Competition, (Limited & Open) and Glocks for Carry along with special unique Glocks.

Right now working on a 38Super Glock.... good for hunting or competition..

As far as the Glock 43 goes......GREAT gun....although the trigger out of the box it heavy, it is crisp,and breaks fast. With a little work it become a very, very nice trigger in at 4.5#'s with a clean break, no under or over travel and a fast rest.

Anyone in my area that wants to look at and try one of my Custom Glocks including my 43 just give me a call.
My competition 17 breaks about 2#'s and is a convertible Lmited or Open Gun.

As far as having a Block Hand for a Glock....I build lowers that hold and point just like a 1911..

So what Else?????

That is my story and I am sticking to it...........

Old 05-22-2015, 05:21 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by girphoto View Post
Howdy All

Just to let you know, Glock triggers are Glock Triggers and there is no actual $.25 trigger job or shooting that will smooth out a Glock trigger or make it what you want it to be (No pre, no post travel and a quick reset).

Can this be accomplished, the simple answer is YES!
But it is not $.25 and just taking a little polish to it will also not make it what you want.. There is a lot that goes into it including a set of custom springs etc.

There is actually no 3.5# connector and if you think that just putting a "-" connector in you gun is going to achieve this you are only kidding your self.

It is a name given to the "-" connector but again, there is more to be done to get the trigger where you want it.
Just ask and ask him what he thinks of my trigger jobs.

Yep, I build Glocks for Competition, (Limited & Open) and Glocks for Carry along with special unique Glocks.

Right now working on a 38Super Glock.... good for hunting or competition..

As far as the Glock 43 goes......GREAT gun....although the trigger out of the box it heavy, it is crisp,and breaks fast. With a little work it become a very, very nice trigger in at 4.5#'s with a clean break, no under or over travel and a fast rest.

Anyone in my area that wants to look at and try one of my Custom Glocks including my 43 just give me a call.
My competition 17 breaks about 2#'s and is a convertible Lmited or Open Gun.

As far as having a Block Hand for a Glock....I build lowers that hold and point just like a 1911..

So what Else?????

That is my story and I am sticking to it...........

You're splitting hairs...a simple polishing of internals and a 3.5 connector make a huge difference compared to a stock Glock trigger. Glocks for competition are a different animal than a Glock for self defense.

A Glock will NEVER be a 1911, nor will it ever point/shoot like one. Ever.

Apples and Oranges. Boo Hoo.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:35 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
A Glock will NEVER be a 1911, nor will it ever point/shoot like one. Ever.

Apples and Oranges. Boo Hoo.
Why would you want it to be? If you want a 1911? If you want cheerios you dont buy sugar pops. I have some of both varieties. Stock Glock triggers leave a lot to be desired. Gary does good Work on mine. I like them.

On the other hand, when i shot on the Army pistol team, the first thing we did when we got a 1911 in the arms room was a trigger job. When i was in a regular Army unit, i thought the stock trigger heavy, rough and traveled more than i like. We just didnt want them at competition condition in a combat unit. Someone would have shot themselves in the leg or worse at 2.5#. Todays 1911 in the DW, Wilson, etc have already had their triggger jobs, just look at the price tag.

I have a 1911 on the column of my truck. When I go to the woods, a G19/17, and concealed, a kahr pm9. All three have their pros and cons.

Botttom line, in most cases, my s shoot as good if not better than my 1911 and even with a tuneup cost less than a wilson, NHC, etc.

YMMV.
COTEP CCO0617
Eufaula, Alabama
Isaiah 6:8-10. 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Old 05-23-2015, 11:46 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColMike View Post
Why would you want it to be? If you want a 1911? If you want cheerios you dont buy sugar pops. I have some of both varieties. Stock Glock triggers leave a lot to be desired. Gary does good Work on mine. I like them.

On the other hand, when i shot on the Army pistol team, the first thing we did when we got a 1911 in the arms room was a trigger job. When i was in a regular Army unit, i thought the stock trigger heavy, rough and traveled more than i like. We just didnt want them at competition condition in a combat unit. Someone would have shot themselves in the leg or worse at 2.5#. Todays 1911 in the DW, Wilson, etc have already had their triggger jobs, just look at the price tag.

I have a 1911 on the column of my truck. When I go to the woods, a G19/17, and concealed, a kahr pm9. All three have their pros and cons.

Botttom line, in most cases, my s shoot as good if not better than my 1911 and even with a tuneup cost less than a wilson, NHC, etc.

YMMV.
I don't want it to be, nor would I make claims it could happen. Cause it cannot. A Glock, like the original 1911, is nothing more than a combat handgun. Meant to be more reliable than target accurate. 1911's came up to a higher level of accuracy, due to, of course, accurizing. Glocks do not and never will have the ability to be as accurate as a properly tuned 1911. Never. If anyone thinks they can I will ask why 1911's constistantly win at Pendleton and Quantico.....
And by they way, I own over forty Glocks, mostly 17's, going back to Gen1's. I am Pro-Glock for a SD pistol, carrying a G17 customized by Lane at Cold Bore Customs right now. As good as it point shoots I have stock 1911's that are WAY more accurate, especially after the thirty yard marker.
I am very happy that this conversation is happening now. My plan for the last two weeks was to ask Gary to "have his way" with a stock G17. Much as I know about the pistols I always maintain that somebody always knows more, can do more. Gary's posts say that he is that person, and I have faith he is. Now I just hafta feel the difference fer myself.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-23-2015, 03:49 PM
COTEP Member

I've never changed or altered the standard 5.5 trigger on any of my s. They'll drill one small ragged hole at 5 yrds if the shooter does his part. I shoot 4-5 rds a second with stock 5.5 triggers. Splits run .16-.18 normally with the occasional .15 or .19 split.

I see NO need to work on a factory trigger. I do see a need to shoot the snot of it and learn the trigger. I'm not sure I'd spend money on a "trigger job" to gain very little where splits or rds per second is concerned.

I've got over 120K rds through the g17 1st gen.

Keep in mind, the above after carrying [ professionally on the streets ] 1911's over 28 years full time, sometimes two. Hand me a 1911, I shoot it well, hand me a , I shoot it just as well.

It did take me 1K rds through the to reach the same level of proficiency with the g17, so the advice I give is, go shoot the snot of out it and marry the trigger finger to the as you have the 1911s.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 05-23-2015, 05:51 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

What brownie said....

Now, if you really need to "fix" a trigger. .......just buy an M&P. Trigger fixed.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:40 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
I've never changed or altered the standard 5.5 trigger on any of my s. They'll drill one small ragged hole at 5 yrds if the shooter does his part. I shoot 4-5 rds a second with stock 5.5 triggers. Splits run .16-.18 normally with the occasional .15 or .19 split.

I see NO need to work on a factory trigger. I do see a need to shoot the snot of it and learn the trigger. I'm not sure I'd spend money on a "trigger job" to gain very little where splits or rds per second is concerned.

I've got over 120K rds through the g17 1st gen.

Keep in mind, the above after carrying [ professionally on the streets ] 1911's over 28 years full time, sometimes two. Hand me a 1911, I shoot it well, hand me a , I shoot it just as well.

It did take me 1K rds through the to reach the same level of proficiency with the g17, so the advice I give is, go shoot the snot of out it and marry the trigger finger to the as you have the 1911s.
But just to play devil's advocate, it could be argued that rather than spending hundreds of dollars in ammo throwing rounds downrange, one could also spend half of that money on a trigger job, which in no way replaces trigger time, and still make the weapon more accurate to one's ability.