COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 05-21-2015, 07:35 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Glock Trigger

Dear ,

My EDC is a DW CCO or a Sig P938. Yesterday I picked up a new Glock 19 Gen 4 that fits my hand like a glove. I'm hoping to be able to carry this pistol after breaking it in. Haven't shot her yet but did lots of dry firing while watching TV last night. (A great documentary, THE WIDOWMAKER, on Netflix. Everyone needs to watch this! Subject - how to prevent heart attacks. I have two stents in my LAD so this really has me thinking.)

Anyway, I digress_

My initial Glock impression is the trigger pull feels very heavy, very long and very gritty. Is this the typical Glock trigger? After firing several hundred rounds through her can I expect this to improve or is there some mod you Glock guys make to your triggers?

Now , please put a sock in you mouth so you can't phone me , and put mittens on your hands so you can't type a note to me , and give others a chance to share their experience.

Thank you , I love you brother!

Jim
Old 05-21-2015, 08:11 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I hope you don't mind if I answer.
First off anyone that's never shot a Glock it takes some getting used to their trigger. One of the things a lot of people don't like them.
That being said check the trigger pull. It should be somewhere around the 5.5 lbs.
Anymore then that it probably has the new York trigger on it.
Also, there are a lot of after market triggers out there for them. Although, I have not used one yet.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:33 AM
COTEP Member

Your trigger will become lighter after some shooting. You can Google(Youtube) a Glock 25 cent trigger job. Watch a few videos, it is pretty simple. I also install 3.5Lb connectors in my Glocks, andI polish the internals for a smoother pull. All very simple, all on Youtube. OR....you can go to a local gun show. There is almost always a Glock Certified Armorer at every gun show. Maybe $60-$65 and you'll have a REAL trigger job, replacement springs and connector included. Funny how I used to tune all my Glocks, for decades. Now for the first time I am leaning to going to the gun show, dropping off a gun for a trigger job, and shopping the aisles. I wondered why this was happening to me until I came across my birth certificate and saw the date I was born on.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

I will chime in, I have a 21 the 10MM for hunting. I didn't mind the stiff trigger because I am taking long shots with it so it worked out. I like my , its a good gun shoots straight, better after I changed the barrel. I did nothing to my trigger and its lighter than factory now but still stiffer then I would have in a 1911. Just use it as is for now and see how it plays out. You can get trigger kits everwhere on line if you still want to swap out. Glocks are super easy to work on. Very simple gun really.

congrats!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Old 05-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post

Btw, I'm waiting for my Glock 43 to come in.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:48 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Btw, I'm waiting for my Glock 43 to come in.
Me too...

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 05-21-2015, 12:44 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

is that the new .38?
Old 05-21-2015, 01:03 PM
COTEP Member

I had a once, never again. If it fits your hand you must have square hands
Old 05-21-2015, 02:22 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote: