COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 11-28-2016, 06:35 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Nice work! When I was a kid, my friend's dad had brought one back from WWII. He gave it to us to "play Army" with. I remember playing sniper from an apple tree, and running through the neighborhood with it. Funny the things you remember. What triggered my memory was that it had the anti aircraft sights on it, and I distinctly remember the Chrysanthemum on the top of the receiver. Can still see it in my mind's eye. His dad was a police officer, and I can only hope that he had plugged the barrel before he gave it to us. But the early 60's were not the new Millennia. Thank God, because no one thought we needed therapy, we knew better than to point a loaded gun, nor did they call the police about kids with guns. I couldn't have been more than 10 or 11.

Now, running behind the DDT truck while it was smoking the neighborhood may not have been our best moment... but it WAS fun... and I'm not dead yet.
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.