COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 03-30-2018, 08:05 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverpigusmc View Post
i took a new route with it. I'm somewhat unapproachable anyway, but when someone is foolish enough to ask why i need an ar, my reply is "f*** you. That's why". Seems to work
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
also used effectively at walmart, gas station, grocery store, church, dollar general and the infamous 'lost beaner" ..
^^
fify
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 03-30-2018, 08:44 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse'nround View Post
I whole heartedly support moving the gun ownership age back to 21, with that should go the right to vote, ownership and use of a cell phone without parental supervision. Driving a car for 18 and under should be restricted to daylight hours
I think I'm now on board with this too. 21 minimum age for everything "adult". They really are proving they are still not mature enough for anything "grown up."

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 03-30-2018, 10:21 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
I think I'm now on board with this too. 21 minimum age for everything "adult". They really are proving they are still not mature enough for anything "grown up."
You would also have to raise the age of "military service" to 21 as well. The whole point of lowering the legal/voting age to 18 was to grant representation to those who were required to serve in the Military at 18.

To be honest, I remember when the "legal age" was 21. I was very young, but I remember...
Old 03-30-2018, 11:25 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FfNJGTFO View Post
You would also have to raise the age of "military service" to 21 as well. The whole point of lowering the legal/voting age to 18 was to grant representation to those who were required to serve in the Military at 18.

To be honest, I remember when the "legal age" was 21. I was very young, but I remember...
This goes with out saying. The draft age was expanded from 21- 30 to 18 -37 in 1940 because of WW II, they should have rescinded that in 46' but they didn't, instead they reduced the obligation time to 2 years of service. This was to foster a sense patriotism and participation as everyone should serve. "Do your part for your country". Then some 30 years later some moron in the government said "All 18 year olds should have representation" since they are eligible to serve. No! If you serve then you can vote, if you don't serve then you wait until you 21. An incentive. But no, enter the era of entitlement.

It's been all downhill from there.

O-BTW...... You weren't that young.

COTEP 439
Old 03-30-2018, 12:59 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I wonder if increasing the minimum age for the military to 21 would reduce the number of cases of PTSD.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 04-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
I wonder if increasing the minimum age for the military to 21 would reduce the number of cases of PTSD.
Maybe for the forward deployed grunts on the ground. Can't see how the anyone can be traumatized in the new canoe club. It's seems more like a cruise line lately. Got one of these on all carriers now days, can't do more than 60 days on line without a port-o call.

Snowflakes are everywhere... Pig would like todays Navy with women on combatants.

COTEP 439