COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 07-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Woo Hoo, One For Us!!

June 28, 2015 By Colleen Conley

Since SCOTUS ruled that the right to marry anyone is now the law of the land in all 50 states, there is an unintended consequence that should make conservatives gleeful.

As reported by BearingArms.com, “If you’re following any of the various media outlets this morning, you’re probably aware that the U.S. Supreme Court has just extended gay marriage to all 50 states. The Supreme Court ruled Friday that same-sex couples have a right to marry nationwide, in a historic decision that invalidates gay marriage bans in more than a dozen states. Gay and lesbian couples already can marry in 36 states and the District of Columbia. The court’s ruling on Friday means the remaining 14 states, in the South and Midwest, will have to stop enforcing their bans on same-sex marriage. The outcome is the culmination of two decades of Supreme Court litigation over marriage, and gay rights generally.”

The Court used Section 1 of the Fourteen Amendment to justify its argument, which reads:

Amendment XIV Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law, which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The writer goes on to make a brilliant point: “By using the Constitution in such a manner, the Court argues that the Due Process Clause extends “certain personal choices central to individual dignity and autonomy” accepted in a majority of states across the state lines of a handful of states that still banned the practice. The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states. My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday. Today they must.

Using the same “due process clause” argument as the Supreme Court just applied to gay marriage, my concealed carry permit must now be recognized as valid in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.“

As Americans we have a standing right called the Second Amendment, which grants the right to keep and bear arms, and that specifically granted right shall not be infringed. SCOTUS doesn’t even need to have a court case and prolonged legal, judicial activism — that right already exists.

Consequently, a concealed carry license should now be valid in all 50 states across the nation!

Can you imagine the outrage this will spark on the left? Because of their liberal activism, and that of five activist Justices on the Supreme Court, our constitutionally declared right to keep and bear arms MUST be recognized in every state.

Hey, they opened the can of worms; now they’ll have to eat it. Isn’t that positively delicious? I guess there really is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
Kentucky Colonel
Retired Motor Officer
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snipersnest For This Useful Post:
DaFadda (07-01-2015), sdmc530 (07-01-2015)
Old 07-01-2015, 10:38 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 418 Posts

My concern is that "the can of worms" they opened also takes power away from the states and plants it firmly in the hands of the Feds. The unintedned, or possibly intended, consequenses of this could well be disastrous for the 2A as well as other rights now designated to the States.

Sorry for the tin foil hat outlook but I don't trust any of those c***s**k*rs in DC
Old 07-01-2015, 10:54 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post
...... I don't trust any of those c***s**k*rs in DC.
I wholeheartedly agree !!
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.