COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Old 01-08-2014, 11:39 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
A few years ago my partner and I were responding to a man with a gun call. As we get to the scene we see a male brandishing what appeared to be an MP5.
We jump out the vehicle pointing our handguns yelling for him to drop it. Fortunately he did and never turned or pointed the weapon towards us.
Come to find out it was an airsoft where he or someone painted over the orange tip. Also he was 16 years of at the time. He found it that we thought it was real. I was so hyped up. We both came very close to shooting that kid. I took the weapon and with a swift kick gave the kid a stern talking too.
It took hours before our heartbeat settled into being somewhat normal. I still think about how close came to shooting that kid.
Now mind you that kid was no innocent. A week later he actually did shoot someone with a real gun.
Thought so. I knew I had picture. He're a picture of the gun. Tell me in a split second decision this kid could have been shot.
I'm not a LEO, but if he pointed that at me he'd gain some nifty new thoracic ventilation holes.

CBOB0715
Old 01-09-2014, 05:31 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in GA View Post
I'm not a LEO, but if he pointed that at me he'd gain some nifty new thoracic ventilation holes.
Same here.......

But where are the pictures of terrorists, of dred wearing gangstas?

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:46 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Same here.......

Yep. Same here. And why I'm ALWAYS carrying. Stupid people playing stupid games

These are a couple of my real guns check the top sbr to the airgun
[IMG][/IMG]

Hard to distinguish isn't it? Both have stocks that are very close!
, that had to be a hell of a call on your part!

Last edited by Roverron; 01-09-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
And that's gets to the point of my post. We have and use them. We use a realistic target of of a man pointing a gun back at you for the qualifications. Within it is the same qualification area that is required for this state to count the hit and misses. To that end I conduct practicals and utilize different types of shoot and no shoot targets. I've even used zombie targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverron View Post
, that had to be a hell of a call on your part!
Yeah, fortunately, it worked out. I hate to think the B.S. I would have to go through if it went the other way.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:34 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
And that's gets to the point of my post. We have and use them. We use a realistic target of of a man pointing a gun back at you for the qualifications. Within it is the same qualification area that is required for this state to count the hit and misses. To that end I conduct practicals and utilize different types of shoot and no shoot targets. I've even used zombie targets.

Yeah, fortunately, it worked out. I hate to think the B.S. I would have to go through if it went the other way.
I get it...so bad people are painting real guns to look like toys, and real toys look like real guns. I'm not being sarcastic, I get it.
I don't think I could have made the call you did, and not shoot. I sincerely applaud you for that.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!