COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default My .22 Obsession

I blame it on two things, one is the fact that I have my own .22 shooting gallery in my back yard and the second is that dang accurate CZ 455 Varmint I had to go and buy.

Now I had to go and get my FFL and wouldn't you know that my first wholesale order included another .22 rifle for myself. I just bought one of the new Browning T-Bolt Sporters with the fiddleback maple stocks that they introduced at this year's SHOT. I saw one when I was scoping out my LGS competition and it was seriously gorgeous, just the wrong caliber. With any luck, I should have the gun by the end of the week or first of next week (shipped straight to my front door and I still can't believe how odd that feels, like I'm doing something wrong but it feels so right). I hope to have photos soon and I'm crossing my fingers that I get one with a stock that has a lot of character to it.

Also expecting Santa to deliver a Henry Goldenboy on Christmas morning to my house.

Class 07 FFL and Dan Wesson Dealer
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

if you don't like the stock you could always make your own.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I wish I had that kind of time and patience. I probably have enough fiddleback maple for 5 or 6 rifle stocks. Problem is I sliced all the wood up into grip thickness.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Founding Member
Admimberistrator

Is your CZ the precision trainer? I have the 452 Varmint.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I blame it on two things, one is the fact that I have my own .22 shooting gallery in my back yard and the second is that dang accurate CZ 455 Varmint I had to go and buy.

Now I had to go and get my FFL and wouldn't you know that my first wholesale order included another .22 rifle for myself. I just bought one of the new Browning T-Bolt Sporters with the fiddleback maple stocks that they introduced at this year's SHOT. I saw one when I was scoping out my LGS competition and it was seriously gorgeous, just the wrong caliber. With any luck, I should have the gun by the end of the week or first of next week (shipped straight to my front door and I still can't believe how odd that feels, like I'm doing something wrong but it feels so right). I hope to have photos soon and I'm crossing my fingers that I get one with a stock that has a lot of character to it.

Also expecting Santa to deliver a Henry Goldenboy on Christmas morning to my house.

This is what my CZ 455 looked like when I first bought it:

It Now has a Custom Sling and a Nikon Scope on it.........

What does yours look like????????????

Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadOscar View Post
Is your CZ the precision trainer? I have the 452 Varmint.

No, mine is the 455 Varmint. Looks just like your 452 except it has the interchangeable barrel option. I lucked out and got a stock with quite a bit of character too. Hoping the Browning comes that way too.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Well UPS delivered something amazing to my front door yesterday. My T-Bolt in maple and I can't begin to explain how gorgeous this gun is! Easily in the top 3 most beautiful rifles I've ever seen. The stock is simply covered in fiddleback stripes! It's extremely hard to capture in a picture, but the way the stripes change from light to dark as you move the gun makes it look like the gun is alive. I was literally blown away for half the day yesterday after I got the gun. If it shoots even half as good as it looks, it will be a winner!

I broke down and got in on the Cyber Monday deals at Optics Planet and ordered a scope, Browning bases, and Browning rings for it. Then I found a promo code online for $35 off my order! Couldn't believe I was that lucky! Yesterday was a good day for me.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

That stock looks fantastic Olympus!!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

the rifle that you have pictured is the CZ455FS, nice rifle. Lets see a picture of your rifle, not a file picture with your mods on it!!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 11-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMag View Post
That stock looks fantastic Olympus!!!
I think so too. It's really hard to capture the beauty. I think I might actually make myself a set of fiddleback maple grips and put them on one of my 1911s to have a matching pair. Or maybe I need to buy one of those Browning 1911 22s and put a pair on it. Actually I think I like that idea better.