COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 10-09-2013, 09:05 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts
Exclamation XD-S™ Recall Update 10/09/2013

I am not sending mine in untill they have a "Fix". Ironically, mine has NEVER had any issues at all. I am not sure if there's a problem, maybe user error?
I WILL let hem "Upgrade" my XDS pistol, but no point in sending it in yet. They don't have a ""Fix"

XD-S™ Recall Update 10/09/2013

XD-S™ Upgrade Testing Very Near Completion

We last updated this site Friday, October 4, with the good news that we have found what we believe is the final solution for the XD-S™ upgrade and that we would be continuing exhaustive testing through the week.
We are very pleased to let you know that a large majority of the testing is complete and is going extremely well. We believe we are very close to being able to give our valued customers more specific information about when they can expect their XD-S™ pistols to be returned to them.

We will update this site again on Friday, October 11 and fully expect that we will have more great news to share.We are making final arrangements for upgrading the pistols that our customers returned to us.

In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt thanks for your patience, loyalty and support of Springfield Armory®. We remain fully committed to resolving this recall as quickly as possible and we are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.**
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-09-2013, 10:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Wasn't the initial recall back in August???

Wow, thank God S&W recall of the Shield wasn't a fiasco like this.

Hope you guys get your pistola's fixed someday.

Is S/A part of the gov't??? Just asking.......
Old 10-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Wasn't the initial recall back in August???

Wow, thank God S&W recall of the Shield wasn't a fiasco like this.

Hope you guys get your pistola's fixed someday.

Is S/A part of the gov't??? Just asking.......
I'm with you! I'm hanging on to mine until they figure out the fix!

Bob
Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Latest

I am still waiting a while to send mine in. At least let the initial batch gets done!
3.3 XD-S™ SAFETY RECALL

Technical Background Get Started Contact Us FAQ Updates (Updated 10/11/2013)
XD-S™ Voluntary Safety Recall Update Status
Updated 10/11/2013

This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

We are pleased to announce that our testing was successful and is complete.

We will receive our first shipment of upgrade parts early next week and will begin shipping upgraded XD-S™ pistols back to our customers the week of October 21 on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.
To ensure our customers are continuously informed of our progress, we will provide website updates every Friday until all of the pistols are back in the hands of their owners.

We are confident that you will be extremely pleased with your upgraded XD-S™ pistol and we wish to express our deep gratitude to all our valued customers who have demonstrated such patience, support and loyalty to Springfield Armory®. As a small token of our thanks, we will be enclosing an XD-S™ extended magazine with X-tension sleeve with each pistol we return.Please click the FAQ link in the red bar on top of this page to view our updated FAQ for more information about the final upgrade solution, and thank you again for your support.

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall Update will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

Questions? Email or call us at 1-800-680-6866 | Privacy
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Wow....a free mag eh? That's not a half bad gesture!
Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

What is the issue with these XD-S's? My uncle has one and want to make sure he is aware of the issue.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:19 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
What is the issue with these XD-S's? My uncle has one and want to make sure he is aware of the issue.
From what I heard they either don't go bang or go full auto? But not for sure on it.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Wow....a free mag eh? That's not a half bad gesture!
Yep, that's about 40 bucks worth!
Still. I am waiting till the initial guns get fixed before sending mine in.
Just Me.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Lightbulb XD-S™ Recall Update 10/18/2013

XD-S™ Recall Update 10/18/2013

Dear Springfield Customer,

We are pleased to announce that the process of upgrading XD-S™pistols has begun, and we will start shipping TODAY on a first-received/first-upgraded basis.

In our last update, we reported that upgraded pistols would start shipping sometime next week. But our team has been working around the clock and we are thrilled to start shipping today.
Once your pistol has been upgraded and is shipped back to you, an e-mail confirmation with tracking information will be sent to you at the e-mail address you provided.

For additional update information please click the link below to view the FAQ for the XD-S™ recall. If this document doesn't address your question, please call 800-680-6866 or send your question to [email protected]

To receive updates by text message, text XDS to 25827

420 West Main Street Geneseo IL 61254 USA
www.springfieldrecall.com | [email protected]
Sales and Support: +1 (800) 680-6866

Thomas Jefferson
Old 10-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Gee..... M&P recalls... XDS recalls... I don't seem to recall my GLOCK ever having to go back to the factory... must be something about Gaston's technology... but what do I know... its the only plastic gun I own.....
Love my 1911's!
Da
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.