COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols

Old 11-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default GSG Valor.

I wanted a .22 kit for the Valor but for a little bit more I picked up a GSG 1911. Took it home, popped off the mainspring housing and replaced it with a flat one.

Then I filed the beavertail to give it the Ed Brown shape of the Valor. Next step is to order a slime line bushing/ grip screw kit, put some different grips on and have my GSG Valor up and running.

The GSG kit shoots good, compatible with most 1911 parts, hell it probably has as much MIM as a real Kimber. Was $345 out the door + an extra $35 for a spare mag.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

have a pic? sounds like a decent deal to me.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyMonkees View Post
I wanted a .22 kit for the Valor but for a little bit more I picked up a GSG 1911. Took it home, popped off the mainspring housing and replaced it with a flat one.

Then I filed the beavertail to give it the Ed Brown shape of the Valor. Next step is to order a slime line bushing/ grip screw kit, put some different grips on and have my GSG Valor up and running.

The GSG kit shoots good, compatible with most 1911 parts, hell it probably has as much MIM as a real Kimber. Was $345 out the door + an extra $35 for a spare mag.
The GSG .22 is indeed a fun piece to play with. I have many thousands of rounds through mine and it does keep on shooting. They do seem to prefer the better ammunition though.

I made a longer guide rod, replaced the MSH, hammer strut, grip and thumb safeties and made a set of grips. The grip safety requires a small amount of frame grinding but (I think) looks better and feels good.

I haven't mastered the photo thing here yet but there are a couple photos in my picture album in my profile if you are interested. I'm having a load of fun, learning as I go and soaking as much information from the experts here as I can.

BE SAFE, make chips and have fun. ... maybe the picture thing will work for me afterall...

Last edited by Old Draftsman; 11-05-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Pictures...