COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > News and Politics

Old 01-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Rifle Registration: Upward Of 30,000 Gun Owners And Counting

As the deadline for gun-owners arrived Tuesday, upward of 30,000 Connecticut residents declared that they own at least one assault weapon and registrations were still arriving in the mail.

The big question looking forward, which we’ll never be able to answer, is this: How many owners of military-style rifles didn’t register their weapons, thereby becoming criminals as of Wednesday? And what will state officials do about it?

State officials estimated 25,000 people registered as of Friday, and since then, thousands more came in by mail and in person at State Police headquarters in Middletown. Many owned just one firearm, said Lt. Paul Vance, state police spokesman. But, he said, “There are some who have many assault weapons.”

Separately, as of Friday, 17,000 people had registered magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, with many more coming in — and some declaring dozens of magazines.

Gun owners on the line who spoke with a Courant reporter on Friday did like having to register, and did not like the idea that the law is creating a new class of felons who were previously law-abiding citizens. Though an exact count of unregistered guns will be impossible to tally, there are records of retail gun sales, which could tell officials who in Connecticut owns a gun — assuming that gun had not been sold privately.

http://courantblogs.com/dan-haar/rif...-and-counting/
----------------------------
I hope the bolded phrase was a typo and should have been "DID NOT LIKE HAVING TO REGISTER"

Had to wait all the way till the end to find the 'if it only saves ONE child' nonsense.
And so it begins.............

“At the end of the day the goal is to enforce responsible ownership,” Lawlor said. “The goal is to have fewer people getting shot.”------WTF DOES THIS HAVE TO WITH CRIMINALS WITH GUNS? SURELY THEY ARENT STUPID ENOIGH TO BELIEVE THE BAD GUYS STOOD THERE AND REGISTERED THEIRS TOO!

Last edited by Roverron; 01-01-2014 at 10:35 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roverron For This Useful Post:
Caleb (01-01-2014), douglas_knott (01-01-2014), dw1911 (01-01-2014), ronpaul50 (01-01-2014), TLE2 (01-02-2014)
Old 01-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I just want to give a BIG F U to Connecticut and all the other liberal states that are stepping on our rights as Americans. Molon Labe.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:13 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

What is an "assault weapon" and why do I not have one? Thete are a lot of ownerd of these weapons in cuntetticut. Wow how stupid.

I lost all my guns in that boating accident last year.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

California just got surpassed as the stupidest state in the union......well, maybe not yet, but they're close!
Old 01-01-2014, 11:47 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,547 Times in 465 Posts

And The Sheep line up for slaughter.
Assault Weapons? Don't have any, hi-cap mags, what is that?
Thomas Jefferson
“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.” Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Citizens becoming Sheeple in CT. How can this stand!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:23 PM
COTEP Member

Don't believe the part, or any story, that says gun owners are pro-registration. Even if I saw a video...the guy was paid to say it.
Nobody will become a felon until caught, meaning their un-registered firearm was used in some sort of event. Unless they have spotters/spot checks at ranges. They do in California.

Either way, Connecticut is a pisspot state. Don't let their cancer spread into your organs...VOTE, encourage VOTING, and stand strong.

EDIT:::: Here is a good read, stole it just now..... http://www.volokh.com/2013/12/31/new...ne-ban-upheld/

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!

Last edited by milkmanjoe; 01-02-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
What is an "assault weapon" and why do I not have one? Thete are a lot of ownerd of these weapons in cuntetticut. Wow how stupid.

I lost all my guns in that boating accident last year.
You can use any weapon to "Assault" someone with. So they can classify them all "ASSAULT" weapons if they feel to do so. Liberals are stupid like that.

Only Assault weapons are issued to our troops.

Here is the definition of ASSAULT WEAPON(S) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assault_weapon
Old 01-07-2014, 01:51 PM
COTEP Member

I got into a bit of trouble and had a post deleted on another forum for making the observation that too many gun owners in that state are sheep. What sickens me is how many now say "it's the law, we have to follow it." I guess the spirit of independence in America is a dead concept for many. Seeing American citizens lining up like cattle to be properly "registered" sickens me to no end.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:02 PM
COTEP Member

Here's an interesting tidbit from that article:
Quote:
Though an exact count of unregistered guns will be impossible to tally, there are records of retail gun sales, which could tell officials who in Connecticut owns a gun — assuming that gun had not been sold privately.

It would be interesting to compare those names,” Lawlor said. He stopped short of suggesting the state would conduct an active search for owners of unregistered guns.
Seems that those who say that commercial sales using the 4473 are not a form of registration might want to rethink that.