COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 04:17 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronpaul50 View Post
That was ... but I gotta say BFD... If a deflated ball was the difference in that competition, I'd still be embarrassed to be a Colt, grasping at those kind of lame excuses... Besides, the Pats didn't have any problem catching the Colts ball during that game
- G. K. Chesterton
Old 01-24-2015, 04:36 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstpierre View Post
Too true, especially the bolded

What part of MA are you in?
-scott
I'm originally from New Bedford, but married a Fairhaven girl and am now living in East Fairhaven. I ride my scoot around Carver and Plymouth all the time.
Kentucky Colonel
Retired Motor Officer
Old 01-24-2015, 05:52 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersnest View Post
Aren't there more important things to report on the evening news for 20 minutes at a whack than the alleged deflating of footballs? The officials handled the balls before, during and after the game, if there was an issue shouldn't they have discovered it? They're supposed to be the pros on rules, etc. aren't they? The guy who intercepted Brady didn't find any discrepancies. Both an M.I.T. and a Harvard professor explained that if the balls were filled indoors, they would lose a certain amount of p.s.i. when they were moved and kept outside in colder temps. Haters are gonna hate, get over it sweetpeas, the Pats are gonna win the Super Bowl. So there!
Typical New England answer...Facts are it is NOT alleged. They were caught and the deflation was caught at halftime. The guy who intercepted at halftime is the player who turned the ball in to be checked. MIT and Harvard are both liberal pro Patriot schools, numerous REAL physicists have found it impossible for eleven of twenty four balls to deflate, all on one team's side. So your post is full of crap, your team cheats, your quarterback leaves his pregnant woman to knock up another woman, your coach has been busted and is shit scared of suspension when his attachment is ratted out. And someday, somebody will rat him out.

So there. The Seahawks are Superbowl Champions as they earned their way into the game. The non Patriots are cheaters who should be fined and DQ'd for cheating in professional sports.

And by the way, I was a Patriots fan till they were exposed as cheaters.

Double "so there"

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-24-2015, 07:18 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

I think they did something but here is what I really don't get.....Why didnt the refs notice right away? They touch the ball EVERY play....if they were so flat in the first quarter wouldn't they have noticed??? I really don't get that. They are the refs....its their job...That is one place where I don't understand how it got missed on field for so long.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:39 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
I think they did something but here is what I really don't get.....Why didnt the refs notice right away? They touch the ball EVERY play....if they were so flat in the first quarter wouldn't they have noticed??? I really don't get that. They are the refs....its their job...That is one place where I don't understand how it got missed on field for so long.
If ya notice there is no official inquiry to your question. It is one of my questions too. There is a pic circulating showing a ref placing a ball on the field and his thumb is slightly indented. I won't post it here cause I cannot verify it. Of course there is alot of speculation on why the refs didn't feel it, or if they did and said nothing. But the fact is the NFL verified 11 of 12 were under inflated, only on the Patriots side. Belichick is a nervous wreck in news conferences, and get this.....A new reporter, at the Tom Brady news conference....

Reporter directly to Tom Brady: Is Tom Brady a cheater?

Brady's reply: I do not think Tom Brady is a cheater( I need to verify that those words are exact, but it's along those lines.)

Ummmm...that was yes or no question. Brady sidestepped it deliberately.

To me this has nothing to do with the score. I'll never say the patriots were gonna lose. I will say they cheated.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-25-2015, 09:17 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipersnest View Post
I'm originally from New Bedford, but married a Fairhaven girl and am now living in East Fairhaven. I ride my scoot around Carver and Plymouth all the time.
E. Fairhaven huh? Ever been to Concordia marina?

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 01-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
E. Fairhaven huh? Ever been to Concordia marina?
The one in Dartmouth? I've been by it many times, never walked the grounds though, don't own a boat!
Kentucky Colonel
Retired Motor Officer
Old 01-25-2015, 01:00 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

MilkmanJoe, typical New England answer? Not really. Although I don't have any love for the eggheads at Harvard, what they said makes sense. My buddy has an inflatable dinghy, that has to be pumped up when he floats it on colder water because it loses pressure, so the theory makes sense to me. Let's face it, cheating is not a rarity in professional sports. Where was the indignation with the Green Bay Packers when Aaron Rogers openly said he likes his game ball over-inflated? How about all the thrown penalty flags this season that were later said to not be a penalty? If you threw a flag you must have seen something. Does that mean the fix is in? I don't enjoy to watch football anymore ever since Vick and his dog fighting days, and the NFL took him back and the wife/girlfriend beaters and the child beaters. My opinion is that the deflategate crap is a ploy to just get inside the heads of the Patriots, and as you know, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one, and they all stink.
Kentucky Colonel
Retired Motor Officer
Old 01-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I think this is a media created tempest in a teapot. Do y'all really believe everything you hear on TV?

A few facts...
  1. Brady said that he likes the balls inflated to the minimum pressure, 12.5 PSI
  2. In tests, balls that were inflated to 12.5 PSI initially, tested 11 PSI after exposure to cold weather. (underpressure)
  3. There are reports that the Colts balls were also tested and found to be still within limits, but there have been no official statements by the League to that effect.
  4. Despite what you have read and heard, D'Qwell Jackson DID NOT suspect that the ball he intercepted and kept was underpressure - In his own words:
    • "I wanted that ball as a souvenir!"
    • "I wouldn't know how that could even be an advantage or a disadvantage."
    • "I definitely wouldn't be able to tell if one ball had less pressure than another."
    • "It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. They outplayed us. We didn't match their intensity. I don't feel slighted at all personally. They created turnovers, they ran the ball on us. They won that game because of their intensity -- not the pressure of a football."
    • Jackson also said that late in the first half, he noticed that the Patriots were actually using the Colts' footballs because they couldn't find a "usable ball."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-less-pressure

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 01-25-2015 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 06:21 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHenley View Post
I think this is a media created tempest in a teapot. Do y'all really believe everything you hear on TV?

A few facts...
  1. Brady said that he likes the balls inflated to the minimum pressure, 12.5 PSI
  2. In tests, balls that were inflated to 12.5 PSI initially, tested 11 PSI after exposure to cold weather. (underpressure)
  3. There are reports that the Colts balls were also tested and found to be still within limits, but there have been no official statements by the League to that effect.
  4. Despite what you have read and heard, D'Qwell Jackson DID NOT suspect that the ball he intercepted and kept was underpressure - In his own words:
    • "I wanted that ball as a souvenir!"
    • "I wouldn't know how that could even be an advantage or a disadvantage."
    • "I definitely wouldn't be able to tell if one ball had less pressure than another."
    • "It wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game. They outplayed us. We didn't match their intensity. I don't feel slighted at all personally. They created turnovers, they ran the ball on us. They won that game because of their intensity -- not the pressure of a football."
    • Jackson also said that late in the first half, he noticed that the Patriots were actually using the Colts' footballs because they couldn't find a "usable ball."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-less-pressure
Thanks DrHenley!
- G. K. Chesterton
Closed Thread